advertisement

Infected Cummings travelled around England with disease. Fire him now.

Cummings good at playing with the truth is it good enough to get him off the hook ? Probably if the right wing press is behind Boris. One thing it will do is stick with the Tories for a while.

Joey Jones, Theresa May’s advisor - “so many people hate him including those asking him the questions just now”. This has gone full Trump. BBC News is colluding in this, referring to his bravery for taking hostile questioning for an hour.

I hope there is a full-on riot at some point to get rid of elitist Tory exploiters like Cummings and Johnson. The Poll Tax one ushered in the downfall of Thatcher, so it is quite possible to kick out Tories.

The racist former Labour supporters behind Johnson are standing in the way of that though.

Jack

He must be forced out by whatever it takes now and if BJ continues to back him he must go. I'll bet he has dirt on BJ that would not only bring him down but slam him straight in jail! Whether a Daily Heil campaign, civil disobedience or any other means he cannot stay or it undermines important facets of the "contract" between a gov and the electorate, that the law applies to everyone, that an unelected adviser cannot hold the gov to ransom and that the gov cannot blatantly piss down the electorates back and tell them that its raining etc etc.

DC: '... I organised it for the smallest risk to the smallest number of people..." Well that would be an interesting lockdown rule, and might have merit. We could all then have fun making our own analyses. But it wasn't (isn't) the rule.

How on earth did the reporters let him get away with ‘ I thought my eyesight was poor so I took the family for a drive to test it’ line?

Didn’t they all break down laughing before someone said ‘pull the other one?’

Stephen

I missed all the fun. Is he toast?

It's unclear, either:

A) He is a brilliant Svengali who has once again triumphantly bewitched a gullible press and nation whom he played like a fiddle.

or:

B) He gave a excruciating, implausible non-excuse for breaking the rules the rest of us must live by that no sane person would accept as it's patently full of absurd holes.

I missed all the fun. Is he toast?
You missed a choreographed performance where he posed as the victim, claimed his home in London wasn’t safe, the media were fabricating, people hate him, he’s not safe then concocted a story about visiting a beauty spot. He sat behind a desk, calling journalists forward one at a time to stand before his desk and put their questions. It was bizarre, he is a psychopath.

He must be forced out by whatever it takes now and if BJ continues to back him he must go. I'll bet he has dirt on BJ that would not only bring him down but slam him straight in jail! Whether a Daily Heil campaign, civil disobedience or any other means he cannot stay or it undermines important facets of the "contract" between a gov and the electorate, that the law applies to everyone, that an unelected adviser cannot hold the gov to ransom and that the gov cannot blatantly piss down the electorates back and tell them that its raining etc etc.

Dream on Jez. It's done now, that's what this whole charade was for so he can come out and explain the situation and to draw a line under it. They'll just field any press questions on it now either by completely ignoring it or referring them back to today's explanation.

The only thing that could scupper them now is phone footage of him in a 200 yard conga singing Agadoo at Barnard Castle, and seeing as we've not had anything like that one can presume it's not coming.

I feel sorry for him, many times I've driven 200-300 miles to an historic house, or Folly to check my eyesight, why spend money going to Spec-savers, when you can go to a monument 240 miles away?

It's unclear, either:

A) He is a brilliant Svengali who has once again triumphantly bewitched a gullible press and nation whom he played like a fiddle.

or:

B) He gave a excruciating, implausible non-excuse for breaking the rules the rest of us must live by that no sane person would accept as it's patently full of absurd holes.
There is a third option which is that he's done just enough to take the edge off the anger, by not really doing very much, while letting others get all worked up. I've genuinely no idea what most people will think. I just thought, "Well, I can easily imagine myself doing a series of really stupid and dangerous things one on top of the other and then telling people to f--- off when they pointed it out" but my wife was raging.

"Sean, why did you drive 60 miles along dangerous B-roads with your family in the car to test if you could see or not?

"Uh..."

advertisement

Back