advertisement

Infected Cummings travelled around England with disease. Fire him now.

If you were going for a test drive to see if your eyesight was ok would you really take your wife and 4 year old with you? Of course the fact they ended up at a beauty spot is purely coincidental.

He's hammering the "house in London under threat from hard left thugs" angle. Smells like bullshit.

Quite impressive in a ghoulish way. Must have spent the whole weekend practising for this cross-examination.
They’re all bouncing off him- he’s getting into his stride and they’re all being very meek. The psychopath is in control of his audience.

Meh. I don't know. Probably done enough there. Outmanoeuvred the media while very conspicuously not even trying. Not because he's a genius but because they just keep blundering into things with their big shoes and red noses.

Fair play to Starmer for taking a measured approach. Even if that's like praising a bit of wood for not spontaneously combusting or something, it's not like he ever wasn't going to take a measured approach.

He's hammering the "house in London under threat from hard left thugs" angle. Smells like bullshit.

Quite impressive in a ghoulish way. Must have spent the whole weekend practising for this cross-examination.

I do hope so!

AFAIC the law has ceased to apply to me, any law.

If you were going for a test drive to see if your eyesight was ok would you really take your wife and 4 year old with you? Of course the fact they ended up at a beauty spot is purely coincidental.

Surely he could have had a test drive round the bloody enormous estate.

No-one is really picking apart the specifics.

Specifically - you may have used your judgment but YOU GOT IT WRONG and so should carry the can!

Yes it is. The land and buildings are an estate. That's why a big farm has someone with the job title "Estate Manager" .

Well, I bought my house from an estate agent, so that'll make it an estate too! :) I'm going up in the world. Landed gentry me you know.

Meh. I don't know. Probably done enough there. Outmanoeuvred the media while very conspicuously not even trying. Not because he's a genius but because they just keep blundering into things with their big shoes and red noses.

Fair play to Starmer for taking a measured approach. Even if that's like praising a bit of wood for not spontaneously combusting or something, it's not like he ever wasn't going to take a measured approach.
I'm not so sure. Nothing material has changed: he broke the rules and did not have an exceptional reason to do so (if he did, many thousands of other people did). The gaps and inconsistencies in his story remain and ought to offer rich pickings for Starmer's lawyerly approach.

He's done well to (almost) conceal his habitual contempt for plebs though - fair play to him for that.

Why would anyone actually turn up to watch him......the press and us should have just gone to the beach!
I did go to the beach. Did I miss anything? No, thought not. But there were a lot of people on the beach, who were acting in the best interests of their children.

I like Alastair Campbell's comment. Giving Cummings the Rose Garden is like letting Monica Lewinski make a statement from the Oval Office :)

Can Cummings wife not drive? If they needed to go on a test drive to Barnard Castle, because Cummings vision might still be impaired, why did they put the kids in the car for the test drive? If I you weren’t sure you were capable of driving safely why would you put your kids at risk? If you weren’t sure you were capable of driving safely, why would you put other road users and pedestrians at risk?

He’s now pivoted from victimhood to his fake news agenda- people can’t believe what they read in the press. It’s actually soiling to listen to someone casually lying and self-justifying. No jury would buy this shit.

Cummings hasn't apologized or considered resigning. He maintains driving to Durham and Barnard Castle was reasonable. He blames public anger at him on false stories in the media.

The first two journalist to interview him were the lickspittle Laura K and Robert Peston. The latter was a complete waste of space.

Then Beth Rigby from Sky stepped up, put some difficult questions to Cummings and he started to struggle. Subsequent journalists have done the same.

Cummings doesn't think his actions, and flouting of the stay-at-home rule, will have a bad effect on public behaviour and result in deaths of people from Covid. Some of the government scientists think it will and that he has undermined their national warnings.

Cummings and his wife could have have found somebody in London to look after their kid. He says he went to Durham to save possibly giving somebody in London Covid, when he could use relatives up north.

Johnson's advisor is unbelievably arrogant. It remains to be seen if he will get away with it.

I haven't yet heard Starmer make a comment in the last day or so. Why not? Ed Davey is not very good at all.

Jack

Sickening to see BBC News spinning this-only retweeting three Tory MPs saying he’s exonerated, time to move on, he’s a victim, gerroverit.
“Time to get some more opinions”- they wheeled out two more Tory advisors who said he did very well having to put up with the same question repeatedly, the journalists were upset because their questions weren’t met with the respect they believed they deserved.

Cummings hasn't apologized or considered resigning.
Obviously. Rule #1. Never apologise, never admit an error. He knows he can do what the hell he likes, he knows he can lie and be allowed to, so he has. Nothing to see here, I never touched the jeweller's window, the gold necklace is a present for my wife that I bought half an hour ago, I must have lost the receipt. Never keep them.

advertisement

Back