advertisement

Incident in london

I do wonder, if people who think this way, had their wife & young children killed by such an individual, would show such apathy to the situation.

You've just justified terrorism. Well done.

You've just justified terrorism. Well done.
Please go on as your post shows you have thoughts your not posting here.

If anything, your thought process, in response to my post, shows sympathy with the cause, think about it.

I have noticed this with many of your posts on such threads recently.
You seem to be justifying the actions of such individuals.

Why not be honest to everyone here & say what you really think on the issue of terrorism in this country & it's cause.

[/B]

How can they be allowed back if it's known they've been fighting in Syria?

At the moment, if they haven't committed a crime in the UK, then we have no power to prevent entry or even stop them.

With current manpower levels in the security services, there is no way to physically follow people. It's all done with very clever software. And for that reason these people use mobiles and the internet very rarely for communications. They don't even talk to each other when they meet to discuss, it's all done in writing on pieces of paper passed from person to person.

Yes, we could try to prevent entry at all ports, but hey, we can't even stop thousands of illegals as it is.

[/B]

How can they be allowed back if it's known they've been fighting in Syria?
Or Libya...

Yet under May, they've been allowed back, and went on to terrorise.

Nothing to do with the cuts in policing which some anti-terror police have said make it impossible to do their jobs though, according to these incompetent Tories..

Why not be honest to everyone here & say what you really think on the issue of terrorism in this country & it's cause.

Just read the thoughts of Jeremy Corbyn and many strategic and defence experts.

Your own post clearly shows that you can at least empathise with terrorists.

The laws need changing, obviously, if not, they have free reign to wreak havoc whenever they feel the need.

Just read the thoughts of Jeremy Corbyn and many strategic and defence experts.

Your own post clearly shows that you can at least empathise with terrorists.
I would prefer you elaborate your thoughts on this issue I know Corbyn's stance where terrorism is concerned., I feel your being evasive in your posts, you seem to be suggesting something without saying exactly what this is.

Being evasive is cowardly, claiming I sympathize with terrorists is one way to do it., it's utter nonsense, showing empathy towards the death of children at the hands of a terrorist is not showing sympathy towards the individual who carried this out.

You're missing the point. How will you stop the home-grown lone wolf?
You can't at present but once they leave the country with a trip to Syria, as many do, as the Manchester bomber did, why allow him back when he is a known threat to the country.

At the moment, if they haven't committed a crime in the UK, then we have no power to prevent entry or even stop them.

With current manpower levels in the security services, there is no way to physically follow people. It's all done with very clever software. And for that reason these people use mobiles and the internet very rarely for communications. They don't even talk to each other when they meet to discuss, it's all done in writing on pieces of paper passed from person to person.

Yes, we could try to prevent entry at all ports, but hey, we can't even stop thousands of illegals as it is.

Indeed. If these people are UK citizens, they have an indisputable right to enter the country. If they haven't commited an offence here, there are no grounds to arrest or detain them. Personally, I don't want to live in a state that would consider detention without charge or just cause, because that is a power too easily abused and twisted for political ends. These events are shocking, and tragic, but more people are killed every week in road accidents. A sense of proportion needs to prevail. This doesn't mean we don't take measured steps, but gut reaction rarely leads to appropriate response.

You can't at present but once they leave the country with a trip to Syria, as many do, as the Manchester bomber did, why allow him back when he is a known threat to the country.

No, the Isis plan has changed. Since the Russian onslaught and the continued allied attacks, there's very little movement from Britain to Syria. The recruitment drive for that has almost stopped. As I posted early on in this thread, Isis now persuades losers to carry out attacks with large vehicles and blades in their own country.

The elephant in the room here is Saudi Arabia, whose government funds ISIS, and funds Wahhabist mosques and preachers in Europe..

If the Tories weren't in bed with the sick Saudi royal family then their influence in all this wouldn't be hushed up..

Originally Posted by Ragaman View Post

Amber Rudd's department has its hands full with planning how they're going to stop Polish electricians and plumbers coming in and how to find and deport the ones already here.

No, the Isis plan has changed. Since the Russian onslaught and the continued allied attacks, there's very little movement from Britain to Syria. The recruitment drive for that has almost stopped. As I posted early on in this thread, Isis now persuades losers to carry out attacks with large vehicles and blades in their own country.
That's fair enough, but when the chance arises, as with any crime prevention scheme, we should be allowed to act, it may prevent many deaths by just stopping one individual, as in Manchester.

If the Manchester bomber had been prevented from entering after his trip to Syria, 22 people would be alive, many children, their future is gone, not to disease, not to a tragic car crash but after a planned attack. we can't prevent such accidents, we can prevent terrorist attacks so why make it just another statistic if it can be prevented.

Some here claim it's no different to the many deaths each day from accidents, it is different, it can be stopped.

If you saw a car heading for a group of children & you could stop it, would you not act.

That's fair enough, but when the chance arises, as with any crime prevention scheme, we should be allowed to act, it may prevent many deaths by just stopping one individual, as in Manchester.

If the Manchester bomber had been prevented from entering after his trip to Syria, 22 people would be alive, many children, their future is gone, not to disease, not to a tragic car crash but after a planned attack. we can't prevent such accidents, we can prevent terrorist attacks so why make it just another statistic if it can be prevented.

How can it be prevented? How do you stop the loner who learns from the internet and WhatsApp? How do you prevent false id?

Some here claim it's no different to the many deaths each day from accidents, it is different, it can be stopped.

That's a gross misrepresentation of what I wrote, and you either know that and are just twisting my words for your own purposes, or you don't understand my point in which case it is pointless my arguing it with you further.

That's a gross misrepresentation of what I wrote, and you either know that and are just twisting my words for your own purposes, or you don't understand my point in which case it is pointless my arguing it with you further.

Indeed, looks like basic comprehension skills failure! Logically assessing statistical risk and acting accordingly is very, very different to acceptance. To summarise: be annoyed and repulsed by these acts by all means, I suspect we all are hugely, but to allow them to change behaviour indicates stupidity. Risk of death from terrorism in the UK remains at less than a rounding error down in the parts per x million statistically. That is a simple fact.

advertisement

Back