advertisement

Incident in london

If the Manchester bomber had been prevented from entering after his trip to Syria, 22 people would be alive, many children, their future is gone, not to disease, not to a tragic car crash but after a planned attack. we can't prevent such accidents, we can prevent terrorist attacks so why make it just another statistic if it can be prevented.

Sounds like the Donald Trump approach; just ban all muslims from coming here.

Then again if we had banned all doctors we wouldn't have had Harold Shipman would we?

Then again if we had banned all doctors we wouldn't have had Harold Shipman would we?

I accidentally trod in The Sun's twitter feed this morning- you should see some of the suggestions the window lickers there are making.

The PM is being quoted as saying "Enough is enough" and that our counter-terrorism strategy will be reviewed. Let's hope we see some big changes without further eroding our rights and freedoms.

Shout out to the BBC who, unlike some here, seemed to have learned some lessons from previous incidents and didn't rush to speculate or to judgement.

HANDBOOK.JPG

https://www.wnyc.org/story/breaking-news-consumers-handbook-pdf/

The PM is being quoted as saying "Enough is enough" and that our counter-terrorism strategy will be reviewed. Let's hope we see some big changes without further eroding our rights and freedoms.
The Tories will ignore the actions of the Saudis Tony, and if stopping ISIS is your goal then dealing with its funders is essential.

These British volunteers fighting against Isis in Syria want you to vote for Jeremy Corbyn

Only Jeremy Corbyn knows the way to stop Isis - through a foreign policy that cuts off their funding and supplies at the source.

Only he has been outspoken in his condemnation of the oppression of Kurds in the Middle East at this crucial time, with the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces about to defeat Isis in their capital of Raqqa.

The longer Theresa May is Prime Minister, the less safe everybody is, both here in Syria and back home in the UK.

My wife and her friend drove through just as it was happening. They are both safe but a bit shaken.

It has been interesting to watch BBC News about the incidents. They have obviously interviewed eyewitness.

The was one guy in his mid-40s, with short hair on the sides. He was obviously English and described a woman being stabbed 10 or 15 times. She pleaded with him for help, while her attacker shouted "This is for Allah."

The bloke went on to say he was attacked, but fended off the stabbers with a chair. He then followed them while shouting at people to get out of their way, because they were terrorists.

If look at the CCTV footage, he half smiled, you will see me.

For some reason I think the bloke is lying and bigging up himself. I used to edit television programmes and that is my gut instinct, although I could be wrong.

The BBC are doing their best. It must be a difficult job when a story is quickly unfolding.

Jack

That's not what he was saying at all. The man who carried out the Manchester attack was known to authorities and was known to have been out to Syria, presumably (definitely) not for a holiday. If he'd have been refused entry or taken straight into custody, the Manchester attack would never have happened.

I absolutely do not want a ban on all Muslims, that's a preposterous idea. I do however think that something needs to be done, we need a more intense and active approach to weeding out the scum who carry out these attacks.

Almost a campaign pledge.

Of course, it's an impossible situation for her, but it's bound to have an impact on some voters.

You seem to be suggesting all Muslims are terrorists by this post, I said "known terror threats". There is a vast difference as I never used the word Muslim in any of my posts if you check.

That's a gross misrepresentation of what I wrote, and you either know that and are just twisting my words for your own purposes, or you don't understand my point in which case it is pointless my arguing it with you further.
I didn't mention you in any post here if you check.

Thank goodness for the armed police response in neutralizing the threat by shooting the bastards dead.

I suspect that's exactly what they wanted - hence the bogus suicide vests to make themselves look a bigger threat.

I'd rather they stood trial and got to spend the next 40 years in a cell.

But full marks to the police for neutralising them so quickly. I bet that was a very long 8 mins for a lot of people.

I didn't mention you in any post here if you check.

I know, but to suggest you weren't referring to my post, which occurred not long before yours, looks, shall we say, a tad disingenuous. Not least because nobody else has made that point on this thread.

So, if you still claim you weren't referring to my post, please be specific about whose you were alluding to, there's a good chap.

How can it be prevented? How do you stop the loner who learns from the internet and WhatsApp? How do you prevent false id?
Only known terror threats can be prevented.

Another plan needs to be put in place to avoid further attacks by lone wolf individuals, something for the security to come up with as our current plans are not working.

A friend of mine has a Kurdish background and knows the armed YPG wing, the Kurdish People's Protection Units. He has been to Iraq with his two daughters to give aid to refugees, who have fled from ISIS atrocities.

The Turks are trying to kill off the YPG, who are fighting against ISIS in Syria. May and the Tories back the Turks.

This is an example of just how fkuced up the British government's attitude is in the Middle East and how they kowtow to the wishes of the Saudis.

My friend is about as far away from an armed resistance fighter as you can get. He lives in Brighton and got a 1st in mathematics from Cambridge University. He is going to vote Labour.

Jack

Since she's starting from the premise that we have been "too tolerant of extremism" I think we know who she's talking to and where she's going with this.

Almost a campaign pledge.

Or another nod to traditional UKIP voters thinking of switching to the Tories..

May can't ever deal with terrorism as well as Corbyn, because she will do everything to protect those who provide ISIS with their ideology and funding: Saudi Arabia's sick royal family.

Corbyn would protect nobody that helps or supports ISIS!

I absolutely do not want a ban on all Muslims, that's a preposterous idea. I do however think that something needs to be done, we need a more intense and active approach to weeding out the scum who carry out these attacks.

Resourcing the police and security services properly would be the first step. A lot of this has to be placed at the instigators of "austerity" - you simply can't cut hundreds of £millions out of police budgets (Greater Manchester Police alone had £145m slashed by the Tories (link)) and expect no loss of functionality.

The Manchester bomber had apparently been reported/flagged five times. Five! The Home Secretary has a lot of questions to answer on this one. So, over to serial bankrupt and off-shore tax-haven millionaire Amber Rudd...

I know, but to suggest you weren't referring to my post, which occurred not long before yours, looks, shall we say, a tad disingenuous. Not least because nobody else has made that point on this thread.

So, if you still claim you weren't referring to my post, please be specific about whose you were alluding to, there's a good chap.
I am entitled to my view, as are you, my point was being made against another poster as I didn't read your post, I try to avoid them as I find them quite annoying, is this clear enough.

advertisement

Back