advertisement

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

The rule of semi-finals is that there is only ever one classic. So England will provide us with a routine dismissal of Australia from the competition tomorrow.

Or suffer a collapse and be all out for 126 when chasing a modest total

Edgbaston forecast: chuck it down from midnight to 0600 and then cloudy with the odd shower for the rest of the day.

Good toss to lose.

Amazingly, it looks like the highlights of today’s half-match aren’t deemed worthy of transmission by Channel 4. It looks like I might have to resort to streaming them. Does anyone know where they are/will be?

Edit: It looks like they might be on something called All4, whatever that is. Perhaps. Eventually.

Further edit: I now see it is on C4 at 11pm according to their website - EPGs are not showing the update.

Last edited:
Interesting toss decision tomorrow. Especially bearing in mind what has happened at Old Trafford.

Hopefully England’s fortress Edgebaston will bear fruition tomorrow.

Great game of cricket today. Really enjoyed it. Never thought NZ stood a chance after such a low score but those first 3 overs, the fielding and that throw from Guptill were just phenomenal.

Oh, and Hallelujah! They finally got rid of that stupid cricket bat shaped guitar player that plagued every other game I've watched.. Those out of tune renditions inbetween moments were really really annoying.

Painfull even.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Not going to be there but Now TV has its uses. No way on earth I would ever subscribe to Sky.

Those gambling adverts though. Every single chance they get they have to squeeze one in. The smart money's on coral, boost your accas etc. It's insidious and annoying and downright immoral.

I blame the government.

PS. The really smart money was on having 2 tickets to the final, won in the ballot pre-tournament for £195 each and selling them on for £5,000.

True story.

Last edited:
Fantastic. Beating Australia by 8 wickets was the final for me. Magic. Even the rain held off so there is a God. And he's English.

advertisement

Back