advertisement

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Was at Headingley today and Afghanistan were again close to causing an upset. Fantastic tournament - and I normally ignore PJ cricket.

(Thanks to Dan M for organising)

yes Afghanistan were surprisingly good and could have won a few matches with a bit of luck ! very close to beating WI

Yes I'm happy England play Australia.
Pleased NZ got through too but India should win that.
England vs India final ?

Fortress Edgebaston. England like playing there very much. Not a 100% win ratio there, but much more of a win ratio there that some other grounds (Lords).

The latter World Cup group games have largely be decided by win toss - bat - post 300+. Will Morgan be lucky on Thursday?

The BBC weather forecast for Edgbaston on Thursday and Friday (reserve day) is currently quite a lot of rain through the day. Which may suggest to a toss winning captain having a bowl first (shouldn't, obviously), and may suit good seamers.

Early days yet though. Forecast likely to change.

Might just be enough time between raindrops to finish the first semi tomorrow, and Thursday in Birmingham looks bad tto - but Friday is OK.

Might just be enough time between raindrops to finish the first semi tomorrow, and Thursday in Birmingham looks bad tto - but Friday is OK.
I’m about 12 miles from Edgbaston and currently sitting outside with a glass of red. Despite the sky being very overcast the first SF would have been completed if it had been played there. Sod’s law of course, the second may not be so lucky.

advertisement

Back