advertisement

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Lords day 3 and Oval day 4 here but will hope to get others in the few days before. Booking office staff at both are always exceptionally helpful. Unlike the ICC (Ticketmaster) site which is a joke.

Anyone with a spare ticket for any venue for days 1-3 of the tests let me know. I’ll pay face value and it might be a good chatty day;)

I reckon Strauss will have a chat with his pal Giles.

The result of that will be Bairstow and Roy opening for the tests. What an injection to the test game that will bring.

600-3 declared (Root with his usual test century for support)...

Over expectation?

Do you know your cricketing facts, BobMcC?

This isn’t a cable/Ethernet thread!

Just register with all the grounds and ring them in the week before each match. Lost count of how many last minute tickets I have picked up. Usually members, corporate returns, Oval even rang me to offer two final tickets for Champs Trophy 2017!

Not really. The facts include that we’ve reached a World Cup final for the 1st time in 20 years. Whatever happens we’ve got further than over two decades before.

And yes, I’ll be gutted if we don’t win. Simply because we’ve outplayed everyone else in the last 36 months, and they deserve it. But it’s about what happens on the day.

it's odd that cricket isn't played in shorts, especially considering the climate of most places where it's popular. in this summer heat, it makes me uncomfortable just to watch them.

Also Vuk is probably not familiar with the climate of Northern England in April and May :)

But I think it's mostly because it was "cricket is for gentlemen" thing until we found that getting some strong lads from down the coalmines meant we could actually beat Australia from time to time. Before that it was all people from Surrey which had no end of people with an elegant cover drive but not many who could bowl fast.

Reactions: vuk
But I think it's mostly because it was "cricket is for gentlemen" thing until we found that getting some strong lads from down the coalmines meant we could actually beat Australia from time to time. Before that it was all people from Surrey which had no end of people with an elegant cover drive but not many who could bowl fast.
Don’t forget short trousers didn’t make an appearance at Wimbledon until between the wars. Bet that was down to Johnny Foreigner and his louche ways. What’s wrong with plus fours?

Typical of the ICC.......been logging on regularly for the last 3 days, no tickets for tomorrow. Go out for a meal, come back and there are loads of tickets on offer at 8.30 pm, after I made other arrangements!

advertisement

Back