advertisement

How would you vote in a General Election?

How would you vote in a General Election?

• A Brexit Party (Brexit, UKIP)

Votes: 22 11.6%
  • A Remain Party (Liberal Democrat, Green, SNP, Change UK, Plaid, Sinn Fein, SDLP, Alliance)

Votes: 123 65.1%
  • The Labour Party

Votes: 35 18.5%
  • The Conservative Party

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Other (Raving Looney, DUP etc)

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
a) I guess you mean ‘on any deal’. If so, Labour has said it supports a second referendum on the deal the tories come up with if Labour can’t get a General Election. That’s clear.

b) The govt gets to set the question in a referendum. Labour can’t ‘include remain as an option’. That’s clear.

c) Is this a serious question? Labour has made it clear they want a GE. That’s clear.

What is it you’re finding so difficult to understand?

It is not a lack of clarity from Labour, it’s that you don’t support Labour policies. Just accept it and stick with whatever waste of time you’re into right now before your next change of mind.

Carry on enabling the tories, Jack. Just don’t complain about brexit and any of their policies when the penny drops.

Trust you to get your trotters out, Mr Lexit Gammon. My post wasn't directed at you, but your all consuming ego has taken over again.

Ironically enough you haven't answered my question. Corbyn doesn't support a referendum on any deal, which will include a Remain choice.

I understand your repetitive posts and don't give a monkeys about them. People like you and the Lexiteers are the reason the Tories might get back into power, because former Labour supporters don't want to vote for you idiots. Well done.

Jack

Trust you to get your trotters out, Mr Lexit Gammon. My post wasn't directed at you, but your all consuming ego has taken over again.

Ironically enough you haven't answered my question. Corbyn doesn't support a referendum on any deal, which will include a Remain choice.

I understand your repetitive posts and don't give a monkeys about them. People like you and the Lexiteers are the reason the Tories might get back into power, because former Labour supporters don't want to vote for you idiots. Well done.

Jack
Repetitive posts...:D

I answered all of your questions but as usual you don’t understand anything.

Labour will support a second referendum.
Labour won’t get to set the referendum question. That will be the govt.
Which bit is difficult to understand?

The bit that says Corbyn will support a referendum that hasn't been negotiated by a Labour government. He will only support a referendum after Labour win a GE saying a second ref was "some way off" (just over a week ago). That fence he continues to sit on will need some Acrow props to keep it from collapsing.

The bit that says Corbyn will support a referendum that hasn't been negotiated by a Labour government. He will only support a referendum after Labour win a GE saying a second ref was "some way off" (just over a week ago). That fence he continues to sit on will need some Acrow props to keep it from collapsing.
I've no idea what you're talking about. Your first sentence makes no sense, it's not even a good tory spin on the truth.

Labour will support a second referendum if they are unable for get a GE. It's very clear. The whole point is they will support a referendum on a shite tory deal. How do you work out they will support a second referendum only if they win an election?

It is now abundantly clear they will not get a GE (let alone win one), so when are the leadership going to start actively campaigning for a second ref?!

They won't Tony. Corbyn is not in favour of a second referendum, which will include a Remain choice, on any deal.

Jack

I think it's far from clear.

Anyway, here they are enabling the Tories again - it's Brexit at any price for Corbyn:

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...d-to-block-new-pm-from-forcing-no-deal-brexit

It doesn't matter what the UK parliament says on this, if there's no deal in place on the 31st of October - and no extension has been granted - we're out of the EU without a deal. By the time the Tories have finished selecting their leader there'll only be a few weeks left.

It is now abundantly clear they will not get a GE (let alone win one), so when are the leadership going to start actively campaigning for a second ref?!
I disagree. There is a tory leadership scramble going on and a GE could yet happen.

I hope you accept that campaigning for a second referendum does not guarantee a referendum anyway. A GE is the best way forward so is worth pushing for right to the limit.

They won't Tony. Corbyn is not in favour of a second referendum, which will include a Remain choice, on any deal.

Jack
Excellent.

Why do you persist with this idea that Labour can set the referendum question?

They will support a referendum on any deal. That is enough.

How was the General Election, originally set for next year, screwed up by brexit? I think it had something to do with the tories calling a GE in 2017 on the back of polls that suggested a huge tory majority. Incidentally, such polls were presented as fact by the usual suspects here, who are once again relying entirely on polls to support whatever is their latest anti-Labour slur. Well, although not enough to gain a Labour majority, thank goodness Labour was able to prevent a tory majority and the hard brexit you would now have.

I've never said anything about tories and self-destruction. Perhaps you can show me where I said even once it is unlikely they will self-destruct, let alone said it frequently?

The election only happened so May could try and get a bigger majority to get the Tory Brexit that leave voters voted for, through.

Without Brexit, there was no need to risk their majority.

I think It was me saying they would not self destruct! Apologies. I blame a sleepless night and the tedium on the leadership campaign.

I gather you do think it likely they will vote to bring down their own Government though and thus lose their seats. I just can’t see that happening.

I note that all the contenders put saving the Conservative party above their responsibility to the country in their pitches.

Stephen

The election only happened so May could get a bigger majority to get the Tory Brexit that leave voters voted for, through.

Without Brexit, there was no need to risk their majority.

I think It was me saying they would not self destruct! Apologies. I blame a sleepless night and the tedium on the leadership campaign.

Do you think it likely they will vote to bring down their own Government and thus lose their seats?

Stephen
No, but there is an outside chance depending which one of the bunch gets to be PM.

I disagree with your first paragraph, btw.

Repetitive posts...:D

I answered all of your questions but as usual you don’t understand anything.

You are missing the point as usual. Corbyn has said he is not in favour of a second referendum that would include a Remain choice. This is why people are leaving the Labour Party. It's irrelevant that Labour won't set the referendum question.

To underline this there is an article in PoliticsHome.com about Labour MPs ripping into Corbyn at a Parliamentary Labour Party meeting, the first since the EU Elections.

The headline is Jeremy Corbyn ally warns him to back second referendum in outspoken attack on his leadership https://www.politicshome.com/news/u...news/104494/jeremy-corbyn-ally-warns-him-back

"Hove MP Peter Kyle, who also supports a second referendum, asked Mr Corbyn: "What is the plan? We need to know you have a plan and a strategy to lead us out of the mire."

"Earlier, the Labour leader had indicated that he was not prepared to shift the party's Brexit strategy, which is to push for a general election rather than another referendum.

"The Labour leader also came under attack from his MPs over the party's response to anti-semitism and sexual harassment of women."

They should force Corbyn to stand in another leadership election. Not that I would bother to vote.

Jack

advertisement

Back