advertisement

How would you vote in a General Election?

How would you vote in a General Election?

• A Brexit Party (Brexit, UKIP)

Votes: 22 11.6%
  • A Remain Party (Liberal Democrat, Green, SNP, Change UK, Plaid, Sinn Fein, SDLP, Alliance)

Votes: 123 65.1%
  • The Labour Party

Votes: 35 18.5%
  • The Conservative Party

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Other (Raving Looney, DUP etc)

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
No it's not marginal.

DE’ATH Alan Colin Labour Party 13,991 33.21%

HANDS Gregory William The Conservative Party Candidate 22,179 52.65%

Jack

BORWICK, Victoria Lorne Peta: The Conservative Party 16,313
DENT COAD, Emma: Labour Party 16,333
MULLIN, Annabel Jean Charlotte: Liberal Democrat 4,724

Anyone voting Lib Dem or Green in this constituency in a general election might very well be the individual responsible for putting a Conservative MP in parliament. And that one MP might be the MP that gives the Conservatives a majority and takes us out on no deal, while doubling down on austerity.

Fair play for refusing to be bullied into voting Labour under those circumstances. It takes a heroic commitment to the idea that soft Brexit is the same as no deal Brexit. There's a purity there that very few can afford.

The current Labour party really is crap and Corbyn the least credible leader in decades, but even I’d hold my nose and vote for them there!

BORWICK, Victoria Lorne Peta: The Conservative Party 16,313
DENT COAD, Emma: Labour Party 16,333
MULLIN, Annabel Jean Charlotte: Liberal Democrat 4,724

Anyone voting Lib Dem or Green in this constituency in a general election might very well be the individual responsible for putting a Conservative MP in parliament. And that one MP might be the MP that gives the Conservatives a majority and takes us out on no deal, while doubling down on austerity.

Fair play for refusing to be bullied into voting Labour under those circumstances. It takes a heroic commitment to the idea that soft Brexit is the same as no deal Brexit. There's a purity there that very few can afford.

There were boundary changes in 2010 and I now live in Hammersmith and Fulham, although my council tax goes to Kensington & Chelsea. I thought it was great that Emma Dent Coad got in though.

Jack

Labour. There are a lot of people in this country who are living near or in poverty. They need our help, money and opportunity. Then the climate is totally f@@ked and we need strong policies to regulate pollution. Brexit is a complete waste of time and should be abandoned, it was just a bunch of racists who had nothing better to do and they voted with their ar$e and not brain.

FTAOD I don't particularly like Corbyn but you vote for a manifesto and policies.

Labour. There are a lot of people in this country who are living near or in poverty. They need our help, money and opportunity. Then the climate is totally f@@ked and we need strong policies to regulate pollution. Brexit is a complete waste of time and should be abandoned, it was just a bunch of racists who had nothing better to do and they voted with their ar$e and not brain.

FTAOD I don't particularly like Corbyn but you vote for a manifesto and policies.
Yes, he is a brexiter at heart but he likes others to do his dirty work.

Brian, Brexit is the expression of English ethnic nationalism and you are one of its proponents. I think you actually grasp this but exert a lot of energy throwing up dust and pointing elsewhere. The request for everyone to cosy around a Labour version of the same thing has very little traction- as you’ll have seen.
Side steppng the point but then you never do much else. I was incorrectly accused of hating the SNP. Just thought it useful to clear up.

As usual you are wrong ( in bold ) and I am not a nationalist anyway. Nationalism is your thing, Hugh.

By the way, what is the detail of the deal between the EU and Scotland? Any idea what you’re voting for? No, I didn’t so.

Last edited:
Consider that if brexit were reversed, the appetite for a Scottish referendum on independence would dissipate - the fury in Scotland is that in the last independance referendum staying in Europe was possibly the major reason for voting remain. And dangled in front of them at the time by Cameron as such. And Scotland voted overwhelmingly remain the brexit ref.

Remove that discontent re Europe and another independance ref wouldn't fly IMHO.

There would be the lingering perception
that the english are incompetant, xenophobic arses with the political savvy meter reading a minus number...but, hey, whats new?

Not sure what your point is. I’m just amazed people believed Cameron. I asked why earlier.

Last edited:
Nigel is a sore loser,

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...eterborough-byelection?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
“Police have been asked to investigate a claim, made on social media, that an individual burned more than 1,000 votes destined for the Brexit party”.
- yes, 1000 Brexit votes alone. They must be missing from the polling station records of votes too.

“He told MailOnline: “I think there is something inherently wrong with the entire postal voting process in this country. I think it’s open to corruption, bribery intimidation, abuse. We’ve seen so many cases now where again and again we find – particularly in the inner cities – postal voting is producing the wrong results”.

Producing the wrong results for Nigel. Asians don’t vote for Nigel so Nigel doesn’t like Asians.

Nigel is a sore loser,

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...eterborough-byelection?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
“Police have been asked to investigate a claim, made on social media, that an individual burned more than 1,000 votes destined for the Brexit party”.
- yes, 1000 Brexit votes alone. They must be missing from the polling station records of votes too.

“He told MailOnline: “I think there is something inherently wrong with the entire postal voting process in this country. I think it’s open to corruption, bribery intimidation, abuse. We’ve seen so many cases now where again and again we find – particularly in the inner cities – postal voting is producing the wrong results”.

Producing the wrong results for Nigel. Asians don’t vote for Nigel so Nigel doesn’t like Asians.
Yup, according to the piece, any alleged irregularities with postal votes were from the Asian community. Not exactly Farage central, I’d have thought. And the suggestion that 1000 Brexit votes were burned is just fanciful.

Yup, according to the piece, any alleged irregularities with postal votes were from the Asian community. Not exactly Farage central, I’d have thought. And the suggestion that 1000 Brexit votes were burned is just fanciful.
How could Farage know they were Brexit party votes without breaching electoral laws/rules?

How could Farage know they were Brexit party votes without breaching electoral laws/rules?
Quite. And I presume there has to be some form of reconciliation between polling station records of who showed up, and the number of ballots. A 1000 ballot gap would surely show up.

Of course it would. This has been ‘put out there’ as part of a disinformation programme. You see it from Britain First, EDL and other far right groups all the time. Farage of course will distract with claims of fake news while helping to generate real fake news like this.

advertisement

Back