advertisement

How would you vote in a General Election?

How would you vote in a General Election?

• A Brexit Party (Brexit, UKIP)

Votes: 22 11.6%
  • A Remain Party (Liberal Democrat, Green, SNP, Change UK, Plaid, Sinn Fein, SDLP, Alliance)

Votes: 123 65.1%
  • The Labour Party

Votes: 35 18.5%
  • The Conservative Party

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Other (Raving Looney, DUP etc)

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
Labour.

Country needs a sea change in policy to make a ripple in the sea of doom this government has created. This country was well & truly ****** long before Brexit was a thought in Cameron's head. May's Brexit debacle hasn't helped matters.

All the rest will affect very little in the long term & a completely wasted vote which will just hand the power back to the Tories.

Have we had this swing-map linked yet (Twitter)? If not it is very interesting reading showing huge swings in rural Tory and metropolitan Labour areas to Lib Dems, gammon Labour areas to Brexit etc. I’ve not researched it so I don’t know what data-set it is based on/margin for error etc, but it is fascinating reading.

Everything and everyone is focused on Brexit right now, in Britain and internationally. I don’t think voters can see anything beyond it. It has to be addressed before anything else can join the queue. The most pressing need is to halt it.

Labour edging the Brexit Party / UKIP coalition at the moment. Miles behind Remain...
I don't pay much attention to polls but this got me interested.

Is http://www.electionpolling.co.uk/polls/general-election considered any good? If so, it looks like Labour isn't just edging the Brexit party with a predicted 293 seats to Labour and 0 to the Brexit party.

There is no Remain in the polling table at the link. What do you mean by "miles behind Remain"?

There are issues other than brexit. Vote Labour if you want to take the UK forward.

This thread is a poll. My comment is about the poll. Not some link that you have just introduced. Do keep up.

I left Naim and went to an EAR V20 valve amp and then an updated Quad 34 and 405-2 set-up. I found both completely preferable to Naim, which was wearing to listen to, as well as bloody expensive.

My next move might be into active speakers and possibly CAD sources. It remains to be seen.

Jack

I apologise for bringing hi-fi into the Off Topic forum.

I just read the Naim thread in the Audio forum. It reminded me of the Brexit threads.

Stephen

I choose to reNaim rather than leave for some some dodgy US valve amps.

Stephen
I don't have a music setup at the moment. Can you advise me what I should avoid if I was to consider US valve amps?

I left Naim and went to an EAR V20 valve amp and then an updated Quad 34 and 405-2 set-up. I found both completely preferable to Naim, which was wearing to listen to, as well as bloody expensive.

My next move might be into active speakers and possibly CAD sources. It remains to be seen.

Jack
I've had a Quad 34/405. Very nice too.

I apologise for bringing hi-fi into the Off Topic forum.

I just read the Naim thread in the Audio forum. It reminded me of the Brexit threads.

Stephen
Don't apologise. It's a great series of posts.

This thread is a poll. My comment is about the poll. Not some link that you have just introduced. Do keep up.

The poll is very interesting indeed. I was certainly expecting the curve to be highest around the centre/remain as I suspect we are largely an inclusive metropolitan-left demographic as that is the demographic of music and the arts in general. I was expecting Labour to be higher and I’m somewhat disappointed we are 12% hard-right nationalism/popularism, though it is clearly less than the wider population. The biggest surprise is that the Tory vote is now but a trace element. That I really was not expecting.

I can’t see any detail (i.e. I don’t know who voted what) so I’ve no idea where the hard-right Brexit/UKIP vote is coming from, i.e. are they people who were previously Tories, Labour, or are they actually mainly lurkers who seldom post? It also needs to be pointed out this poll is a truly tiny percentage of the active userbase, so may not be representative of anything much at all!

PS Had anyone asked me to guess I’d have gone with about 45% centre/remain, 30% Labour, 20% Tory, 5% Farage. I’d have expected the now so obviously far-right/racist UKIP association to have stopped anyone actually ticking that option!

Ukip has mutated once. If the Tories pull Britain out of Europe unilaterally in October, the Brexit Party won’t simply go away. It’ll mutate into the British Party- a permanent right wing fixture, keeping the Tory Party on its toes.

The poll is very interesting indeed. I was certainly expecting the curve to be highest around the centre/remain as I suspect we are largely an inclusive metropolitan-left demographic as that is the demographic of music and the arts in general. I was expecting Labour to be higher and I’m somewhat disappointed we are 12% hard-right nationalism/popularism, though it is clearly less than the wider population. The biggest surprise is that the Tory vote is now but a trace element. That I really was not expecting.

I can’t see any detail (i.e. I don’t know who voted what) so I’ve no idea where the hard-right Brexit/UKIP vote is coming from, i.e. are they people who were previously Tories, Labour, or are they actually mainly lurkers who seldom post? It also needs to be pointed out this poll is a truly tiny percentage of the active userbase, so may not be representative of anything much at all!

PS Had anyone asked me to guess I’d have gone with about 45% centre/remain, 30% Labour, 20% Tory, 5% Farage. I’d have expected the now so obviously far-right/racist UKIP association to have stopped anyone actually ticking that option!
PFM Off Topic is to hard remain what 4Chan/pol was to the alt-right, and we have entered peak hard remain, so it would be very surprising if the poll gave any other result. Quite surprised to see Labour in double figures, to be honest.

Yet the 2017 election pfm exit poll suggested a 57% Labour vote. I’m willing to bet virtually no-one has changed their views on Brexit since then. So what has changed, if you were only expecting Labour to be in single figures?
You've all worked yourselves up, that's what!

That and two years of Brexit impasses, Corbyn's inscrutability, and an unexpectedly successful detoxification effort from the Lib Dems.

People want a simple solution. There isn't one, and Labour are poorly placed to pretend that there is.

PFM Off Topic is to hard remain what 4Chan/pol was to the alt-right, and we have entered peak hard remain, so it would be very surprising if the poll gave any other result. Quite surprised to see Labour in double figures, to be honest.

It pretty much reflects what I’m seeing and hearing from my friends outside of pfm. I only know two Tories, one voted Lib Dem, the other stayed at home in both the locals and EU election. The vast majority of my Labour voting friends have flipped to either Green or Lib Dem, though some still remain loyal to Corbyn. I have no friends dumb enough to be taken in by a con-artist like Farage or racist enough to vote UKIP. I also know a fair few like myself who traditionally float around the centre with no party loyalty.

I still find the vacuum where the Tory vote would normally be very interesting - is the single policy/zero manifesto dark-money-funded fraudster Farage really the new Conservative Party?!

So ... Peterborough. I’m glad Brexit Ltd. lost. But ...

I assume Labour will now be convinced their Brexit prevarication is the correct policy and the Conservatives will conclude that a populist leader and no deal is the way to go.

I see the Brexit company couldn’t resist a comment on ethnicity.

“Brexit party insiders said Labour’s reliance upon a mainly Pakistani vote in inner-city wards had been the difference between the parties. “Some of these houses had 14 people in them registered to vote. It would be interesting to see what proportion voted Labour,” said one.”

Stephen

advertisement

Back