advertisement

How will you vote on December 12? (Anonymous)

Which party will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Con

Votes: 41 17.4%
  • Lab

Votes: 125 53.2%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 28 11.9%
  • SNP

Votes: 18 7.7%
  • Green

Votes: 15 6.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
that's the one. pusscat is out knocking on doors and reports a surge in positive voting intentions. it's probably the manifesto commitment to stopping the annual haggis hunt. oh, and unravelling the brex*t nonsense.
I’m going round to see a friend who’s an SNP activist this morning to hear what’s happening in Ms Swinson’s constituency.

I will have supported all 3 parties in my life after this election.

I'm getting a bit like Jack Barron.

I’m going round to see a friend who’s an SNP activist this morning to hear what’s happening in Ms Swinson’s constituency.

it's been pretty quiet here on the western front so far (im westen nichts neues). nothing much beyond a few leaflets through the door. she may be thinking that she has it all sewn up here - most, if not all, of the banners i've seen in people's gardens are for the libdems. my old uni chum alistair carmichael (of that ilk) is reasonably chipper. soooo, all to play for then :)

It's a question of setting assorted parties' unattainable objectives against your own fantasy of a perfect society.

On that basis..Labour still ahead by some margin for me.

I had the canvassers round for the local Conservative MP, a Brexit-enabling brown nosed yes-man if ever there was one, in a Remain area. Upon hearing me say "I won't be voting for HIM!" the leaflet was hurriedly withdrawn and the canvasser scuttled away in search of richer pastures. It's a fairly wealthy street, average age 50+, they should get a reasonable reception at other doors.

The only canvasser we've had so far was from the Labour Party. Very pleasant chat, not at all pushy, happy just to hand me a leaflet and ask me to think carefully about who I vote for.

My constituency has been one of the safest Labour seats in the country, so I was hoping to be able to do similar to Tony and help the Greens keep their deposit/contribute to their national numbers.

But it’s also the constituency at the centre of the anti-LGBT teaching protests. And while the incumbent MP sided with the protesters and was dropped by the CLP as a result, his Labour replacement has come out against the protesters and in support of the education scheme.

As a result, I feel I have to vote Labour because of the uncertainty caused by what seems like a group of religiously inspired homophobic bigots. Weird feeling. It’s vanishingly unlikely that they’ll affect the overall result, but you just can’t be sure, and in this election it doesn’t seem worth the risk.

You support That Woman's policies and you're "way to the left" of your friends? What are they going to do on the 12th, iron their fresh black shirts and march about shouting "One people, one country, one Leader!"?

My formative years in many respects were just before she came to power, certainly saw the worst of union influence in industry. That's largely why I got out.

I lived under controlled rents, lovely at the time but a very effective way of ending anything but government investment in rental property.

I suggest you spend a week in Clacton; it won't be fun but you'll realise how close to the truth that second sentence is. ("Friends" used in a rather wide sense)

The only canvasser we've had so far was from the Labour Party

In a true blue area with a majority of 26,000 I haven't seen a single canvasser or had a single leaflet through the door (from any of the candidates)

I shall vote Labour in my Hastings and Rye constituency because it is a tight Tory/Labour marginal and last time round the LibDems lost their deposit.

The Labour candidate is a plonker, and I'm not happy.

Pretty much mirrors my thoughts, although not Hastings and Rye obvs.

Are you completely sure it’s completely safe? I’ve heard there really has been an LD surge in the odd safe Tory seat down south.

Worthing West. Held by Peter Bottomley since the constituency was formed in ‘99.

Always by a significant majority over the Lib Dems (earlier), then latterly UKIP and Labour. Unfortunately, a Remain constituency.

I’ll keep my ear to the ground though.

Labour - 2017 result was Labour 23000, Cons 21000

Edit: Chris Williamson was elected in 2017, but is standing as an Independent as he was suspended for remarks re AS, and resigned.

I am in Watford which has voted for the government since 1978. Currently Blue with the outgoing fairly well liked Richard Harrington who was one of the dispossessed recently and is retiring. We have a strong LD council and mayor but have had a Tory or Labour MP since forever with a 2000 Tory majority currently.

The LD have saturation leafleting with the Tories not far behind and Labour pretty poor on the "getting out there" front. I have a next door neighbour Labour volunteer and she is out campaigning all the time so I asked her why we never see anyone locally. No point she replied, it is all firm Tory or LD in our area and they are focusing on the estates and traditional areas trying to keep support which is draining away due to Lexit. Very sad.

had a Tory canvasser at the door this morning. Seemed happy when I ripped into some of the dafter parts of Labours manifesto, face fell a bit when I said that despite that, I found them less repulsive than de Pfeffel Johnson. Going to be tight round here, leave voting constituency with a sitting labour remainer. I fear we will finish up with a brexit chasing tory chancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back