advertisement

How will you vote on December 12? (Anonymous)

Which party will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Con

Votes: 41 17.4%
  • Lab

Votes: 125 53.2%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 28 11.9%
  • SNP

Votes: 18 7.7%
  • Green

Votes: 15 6.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember not to state how you actually voted until the polls close - it is illegal. More correctly, it's illegal for Tony to publish it. No prizes for guessing either.

I’m sorry Mike, but anyone who votes Tory at the moment is endorsing the disgraceful behaviour we’ve seen of late

Sorry, Sue, but I'm not hung up on personalities; just the bigger economic picture of the prospects for Britain; I gather those previously involved over the past 3.5 years in the E.U. are hoping for a Tory majority to implement the agreement and get on with trade relations. The major economies (Germany, France etc.) are faltering; politically they're not that stable either (as neither are we ). It's the global and European economic (and to a lesser extent, political) future picture we should be voting for; not personalities or impossible domestic 'promises'. Amazing that so many people want to turn the clock back; to the Dark Ages I lived and worked through. You do seem more concerned with the minutiae of election frenzy.

Unfortunately, this crucial crossroads is not just about domestic policies but Brexit and Scottish independence. Each has its overlaps and conversely its lack of compromise. Some like to prioritise one or other of those, but to me, it's what is important for financial and economic prosperity in a global market place; all else flows from that.

Remember not to state how you actually voted until the polls close - it is illegal. More correctly, it's illegal for Tony to publish it. No prizes for guessing either.

What if your username is something like 'Whaleblue' and you're not identifiable? How is that different from telling someone conducting an exit poll how you voted? (I haven't voted yet; I'm waiting for the rain to ease off a bit).

Although the 1983 Act says publishing “any statement relating to the way in which voters have voted” is forbidden, the Electoral Commission says posting how one voted or intends to vote is permitted. According to the commission, “A voter may volunteer information about how they voted, provided no undue influence is exerted on them to do so.”

Revealing another person’s vote – tweeting it or posting it on Facebook for example – is not allowed, although an Electoral Commission spokesman said sharing somebody else’s post, such as retweeting them, is not prohibited.

Where social media users or publishers could run into trouble is breaking rules on exit polls by collating several tweets in a way that might be construed as representative. This could violate the part of the Act referring to election forecasts. “It could be perceived as pulling together an exit poll,” an Electoral Commission spokesman said last year.

So, as long as the publisher of this website does not ask us to make and contribute to a thread which collates voting intentions or actual votes, then all is fine. Thread starters need to be unconnected to PFM apart from normal membership.

I’m sorry Mike, but anyone who votes Tory at the moment is endorsing the disgraceful behaviour we’ve seen of late. [...]

Do you really want to condone behaviour like this, let alone reward it?

Sorry, Sue, but I'm not hung up on personalities; just the bigger economic picture of the prospects for Britain; [...] You do seem more concerned with the minutiae of election frenzy.

It's not a question of personalities, other than, perhaps, that these are personalities which seem to think they can behave as they see fit, can do and say whatever suits them in the moment, and do so with utter impunity. If you vote for them, you condone it. Worse, you reward it. Which means you own it. Do you really want people to think that of you?

Unfortunately, this crucial crossroads is not just about domestic policies but Brexit and Scottish independence. Each has its overlaps and conversely its lack of compromise. Some like to prioritise one or other of those, but to me, it's what is important for financial and economic prosperity in a global market place; all else flows from that.
The crucial crossroads is about waaaay more than mere economic prosperity. These people, if elected into power, won't suddenly turn round and behave like normal, decent people with respect for the norms of society. By voting them in, you confirm to them that it is in their own best interests to behave in this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back