advertisement

How will you vote on December 12? (Anonymous)

Which party will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Con

Votes: 41 17.4%
  • Lab

Votes: 125 53.2%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 28 11.9%
  • SNP

Votes: 18 7.7%
  • Green

Votes: 15 6.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand Labour around here, I've heard literally nothing from them. In fact I've only had a single leaflet and that has been from the sitting Tory MP/Chief Whip.

Not helped by the fact the Labour candidate is a bit of a drip, still, he's the least worst option so it's a no-brainer.

I’ve certainly had some leaflets from the LDs, I think one from Labour (who own the safe seat) but that’s it. Thankfully no door knocks or anything, and long may that continue.

We`re in a safe Labour seat and so far we`ve had three Labour leaflets and one for the Greens, none of the others have bothered at all.

Luckily as this is an anonymous poll nobody will know that I intend to vote Green.

I will vote for Labour as they are the party with any chance of removing the ERG/Tory who has ‘represented’ the Constituency since 2015.

All the main parties are all making promises they cannot keep to try and please people , labour seems to have a giveaway for tailored to most groups in society !
Not going to vote for any of them on principle so only left with green option , oh dear !

Tactical vote here. The Tories have held a massive majority for years, but the local MP was denied the whip by Johnson and is standing as an independent MP. He’s in with a slim chance - just (51/49 remain to leave in the referendum). I’ll vote for him because of his great work on Brexit and to keep out the Tories (somewhat ironic, given he was until recently a Tory MP).

I am aggrieved, so to speak.

It must be dispiriting to vote in a safe some other party seat. Whilst I’ve usually had the wrong colour government I feel lucky that every candidate I’ve voted for since 1979 has gone on to be my local MP.

I won't break the habit of a lifetime (not least because Swinson has had a shocker of a campaign) and will vote Labour as always.

Of course, no hope of Labour winning. As in 2017, not getting a thumping Tory majority is now about the realistic limit of ambition. I fear the recent MPR poll makes even that unlikely.

So the Brexit party are relegated to 'other' in the poll. and may well be in reality. This is the strangest election choice I can remember, and possibly has the most diverse parties by political and economic intent vying with each other. Met the long serving local m.p. on my doorstep t'other day for the first time; quite a surprise. I said that I red-inked all the literature which came through my door and that I was voting for the English Language party.

The Green Party have just achieved the impossible; a party election broadcast that wasn’t shit. Monochrome, 4x3 aspect ratio, close focus on Caroline Lucas talking sense straight to camera and assuming some basic intellectual function on behalf of the viewer. Actually worth a look!

That looks like a good website, with a rather depressing prediction. From across the Atlantic the UK appears to be heading for many more years of austerity, far right politics and social breakdown.

There is a little questionnaire thing on it here to find ones position on the ‘3d Map’ thingy. I come out somewhere between ‘strong left’ and ‘progressive’, though I didn’t think the questions got to some important stuff both socially and economically. There is certainly a lot on the ‘strong left’ I reject that wasn’t touched on anyway! My results were:

Your Economic position is 43° Left, your National position is 75° International, and your Social position is 71° Liberal.

You are economically strongly left-wing, very strongly globalist, and strongly socially liberal.

It must be dispiriting to vote in a safe some other party seat. Whilst I’ve usually had the wrong colour government I feel lucky that every candidate I’ve voted for since 1979 has gone on to be my local MP.
I’ve never voted for an MP that has won. It is dispiriting and I vote out of a sense of duty rather than belief my vote makes a difference. Essentially, it’s always been a waste of time getting out of bed to vote. This election is the first one in which my vote might be on the winning side, but it’s very much an outside chance.

I always vote with hope but this is James Cleverly's seat and unfortunately the mostly non tory demographic around here keep on voting for them.

The Labour challenger is a breath of fresh air compared to some we’ve had in the past and I’d love to see the Tory chairman lose his seat but I can’t see it happening in reality.

I'm voting Labour, as it appears that in my seat, the chances are it's a straight fight between idiots who think that a loaded git from Eton represents them, and the incumbent Labour mp. If it looked safer I'd go for the Greens, but I'll do what I can to hoof the Tories out.

I’ll vote Labour, though it will be a wasted vote where I live, because the Tories
will win the seat by a mile.

The Tory candidate's literature is 2 full sides of how they will prevent independence, and not a single mention of Brexit, NHS, social care, homelessness or any other relevant topic. She points out that it is a straight fight between the SNP on 39.9% against the Tories on 30% last time out, and I tend to agree with her on that. Regardless of what I might have voted, I'll certainly not be voting Tory. Be interesting to see how many unionist Lab and Lib Dem voters vote Tory though.

The Tories know that most (if not all) of the people voting for them in Scotland will be pro-Union so are making sure they attract them without muddying the issue with stuff they'll be less popular on. Trying to make it a single issue election, with that issue being Scottish independence, isn't going to win them the overall vote in Scotland but it'll help them maintain a few seats (and most likely quite a few more than Labour will get). Sensible, if ugly.

I will be voting Plaid, as my MP is a known quantity, and he is an excellent MP.
Were this not the case I would seriously consider voting labour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back