advertisement

Hms vigil

Yup! Hooked as I was, a finale last night would have been appropriate instead of trotting out new and unlikely events to keep some semblance of continuing interest. I'm also getting a bit fed up with her R.A.D.A. guide to facial contortions.

I did point out on page 1 that I watched this despite myself because Suranne Jones is intensely annoying..especially with her straight to camera startled rabbit look. However, she has kept that in check by invoking alternate facial contortions, as you correctly point out.

I'm also left wondering just when she is going to get so wound up that she needs 'comforting', by the bloke who is the latest 'only one she trusts on this whole boat'

I did point out on page 1 that I watched this despite myself because Suranne Jones is intensely annoying..especially with her straight to camera startled rabbit look. However, she has kept that in check by invoking alternate facial contortions, as you correctly point out.

Legend has it that she was classically trained by Richard Crenna’s left-eyebrow.

They've covered most of the 'pc' bases so far, I'm just waiting for them to 'wheel' out the disabled sonar operator.

I can see it now, she accuses another one of them of being the killer and for him/her to turnaround only to then realise they are in a wheel chair, far fetched? in this soap opera, not really :D

Legend has it that she was classically trained by Richard Crenna’s left-eyebrow.

Anyone who hasn’t seen her in ‘A Touch of Cloth’ really should give it a go. Hilarious, and impossible to take any police drama seriously after you’ve seen that.

Regarding the operation of the sub, whoever is driving the thing is clearly a wrong ‘un. The captain ordered a depth of 55-60 metres but yet again they came into very close contact with a big tanker or container ship.

It’s all utter nonsense but a fun watch for Sunday evening.

It really is a load of old bollocks. 15m deep in busy shipping lanes....Captain who is a fukwit, cupboard containing reactor controls secured with a 50p padlock, suicidal maniac walking around checking stuff, looks like the intern deployed the antenna ...5ft 6 skinny police woman not only rugby tackles a 6 ft 6 burley Russian FSB agent but he gives up without a struggle.....
As for the romantic reminiscences/interludes, jeez, cod or what?

I didn't think it was that realistic, Cooky !

As so many scenes are in on or around a bunk, that nails it for me as sheer bunkum.

It would be better if it was a tighter 4 episodes, they tend to drag these things out in order to give all the 'talent' a bit of back story.

It really is a load of old bollocks. 15m deep in busy shipping lanes....Captain who is a fukwit, cupboard containing reactor controls secured with a 50p padlock, suicidal maniac walking around checking stuff, looks like the intern deployed the antenna ...5ft 6 skinny police woman not only rugby tackles a 6 ft 6 burley Russian FSB agent but he gives up without a struggle.....
As for the romantic reminiscences/interludes, jeez, cod or what?

Here you, that 5ft 6" skinny policewoman is a Glaswegian:D

Suranne Jones? Wasn't she an old man?.....

Sorry, Anne Oldman.

Anyone else thoroughly enjoy Charlie Brooker's 'Touch of Cloth'?

That's the problem you've got to keep watching to see the outcome.

Just keep throwing in lots of red herrings to keep everybody guessing no matter how ludicrous it is, then reveal the culprit as someone you saw in episode 1 for about 5 seconds :D

Have to say the ‘bullit’ scene down Washington st was superb as was the carpark up ramp scene (been in there a few times).

advertisement

Back