advertisement

Hifi News Review of Naim Statement

The whole thing means nothing to me. Just like people who own Leopards with diamond collars or have gold bath taps. I don't aspire to them or envy their owners one little bit; it all strikes me as rather vulgar.

If Tony Montana hadn't screwed over the Colombians he'd surely be up for a set. :D

There's a weird audiophile thread here too - it should be merged with this one please mods...weird, but wonderful, it has given me a good giggle after a shit day at work :)

Why wouldn't you buy them? You've not heard either so why would the TVC "probably" be more transparent?

I have heard the Bespoke Audio, over many hours, in my own system.
I wouldn't buy the Naim because it is too expensive and I don't really like the whole Naim image. It's not for me. I don't know which is more transparent, I doubt that either product has any meaningful advantage. As always, I could be quite wrong.
Incidentally, Lucy and Harry of Bespoke Audio are driving to Munich in Lucy's 1959 Morris Traveller, which she rebuilt herself. People going to Munich will be able to examine the product and chat to them. Judge for yourself.
Incidentally, as I've never spent more than £6000 cash on any item over 40 years, I'm not the 'target audience' for either product.
Finally read the Hi Fi News review. Goodness, how boring, a string of weary old clichés. Talk about going through the motions. But then, as has been pointed out, this stuff doesn't sell on reviews. The few people I know who spend really big money never read reviews.

Actually no, i was meaning we'll see this stuff for a 1/4 of the RRP in a years time

Now wouldn't that be nice; highly improbable, however. Used Naim has rarely been below a third of current or last r.r.p., let alone a quarter. Few other makes vie with Naim's used value history.

I have heard the Bespoke Audio, over many hours, in my own system.
I wouldn't buy the Naim because it is too expensive and I don't really like the whole Naim image. It's not for me. I don't know which is more transparent, I doubt that either product has any meaningful advantage. As always, I could be quite wrong.
Incidentally, Lucy and Harry of Bespoke Audio are driving to Munich in Lucy's 1959 Morris Traveller, which she rebuilt herself. People going to Munich will be able to examine the product and chat to them. Judge for yourself.
Incidentally, as I've never spent more than £6000 cash on any item over 40 years, I'm not the 'target audience' for either product.
Finally read the Hi Fi News review. Goodness, how boring, a string of weary old clichés. Talk about going through the motions. But then, as has been pointed out, this stuff doesn't sell on reviews. The few people I know who spend really big money never read reviews.

Did you not have an SME 30-2 and 30-12? You certainly said as much in 2012.

Just curious with all the comments here (most of them negative), how many in this thread have actually heard this behemoth in action? I can think of two, and I'm one of them.......but everyone seems to instinctively "know" how it will perform.

Heard Statement at 3 shows now although the Munich show demonstration was cut short last year due to technical issues.

Hi,

I've heard the Statement amp at the Bristol show and Windsor show last year. I thought it sounded very good. But then it should do for the money.

Dean

advertisement

Back