advertisement

Hi Fi Wigwam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen one real whack job over here do it recently to Cav and several others, myself included.... I

So who would that be then? Please provide the culprit's name in full. ;)

Ten years ago Vuk used to rail against people hiding behind aliases. I agreed with him then and now.

Oh Steven referring to a single outer as a whack job would be a personal insult and it would be a breach of AUP - you should know that ;) far better to keep it general so the central issue about acceptable behaviour doesn't get bogged down with petty individual issues.

Some people don't hide behind aliases, you may think that but it's not always the case and it's not up to us to decide hence perhaps it's an AUP issues.

vuk has his reasons, but he never outed anyone unlike the weirdos of whom i speak.

It's not about identity theft, just about hiding information that could aid burglars, weirdos etc locating you offline. It's common sense really. To my mind the first name and initial of surname is the ideal internet username as it is personable enough not to shout 'troll', yet sufficiently impersonal to be secure.

I agree......

OK back to the OP - what is happening to the forum. I joined a few weeks back and got a message that I was banned! Most upset!:D

We only have to worry about aliases while in other parts of the world they worry about explosives in headgear. If this what gets us upset we should be thankful, it shows how easy and stress free our lives must be in comparison to others. ;)

On another tack, there are malicious individuals out there, more than one occasion where access to personal information has enabled spamming campaigns, abusive correspondence and even mailing of substances to peoples homes or places of work. If I were told I had to use my name on a forum, I wouldn't join it.

When people have to use their real names their behaviour becomes a lot better. As soon as they are 'invisible' under a mass of stupid nicknames, they behave badly, Sometimes very badly..

I've long noted the link between bizarre internet handle and internet Bravery. Given my post above this would appear to be a dilemma but zapping those who continually make rude / provocative / antagonistic commets - or members making more use of the Snitch Switch - might help.

Regards

Alphonse Trombone Kahlua 40612.

^ I agree with that. Although I don't shelter under a pseudonym, those that choose to should have their choice respected.

Edit: I meant I agreed with Michael L's post #634.

S.

As Forum is a neutral latin word, the plural is fora.

S.

I beg to differ, unless you are referring to Roman market places. Meeting places generally and modern internet meeting places in particular are FORUMS. This usage dates, according to my new O.E.D., from the 18th century.

The occasional use of 'fora' rather smacks of pretentiousness, but is erroneous, regardless.

I beg to differ, unless you are referring to Roman market places. Meeting places generally and modern internet meeting places in particular are FORUMS. This usage dates, according to my new O.E.D., from the 18th century.

The occasional use of 'fora' rather smacks of pretentiousness, but is erroneous, regardless.

no wonder the posters at HFWW think PF is a little stuffy

I've long noted the link between bizarre internet handle and internet Bravery. Given my post above this would appear to be a dilemma but zapping those who continually make rude / provocative / antagonistic commets - or members making more use of the Snitch Switch - might help.

Regards

Alphonse Trombone Kahlua 40612.

Are you one of the Middlesex 40612s? I think I went to Eton with your brother.....

People called Romanes, they go the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back