advertisement

Hi Fi Wigwam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, just tried to check after seeing your post. A message by James that the forum is closed crops up.

They have had some recent software problems and I had heard that there was to be a change in the software. Whether this is a change from VBulletin or an upgrade or even just repairs I don't know.
It was working until a few minutes ago.

here you go

after adding temporary censorship to forum text to avoid swear words, there was a bit of uproar and today James decided to teach everyone a lesson.

here's a snapshot of the closure post.

wamclosed.jpg

Damn, that is a real shame. I hope James reconsiders as WigWam is a great place and community. By saying that he makes some good points, some of which one probably needs to own a forum to understand!

Tony.

Can't say I blame him after the thread last night about google adverts and swearing - 'toys and prams' dosen't even begin to describe some of the over the top postings.

No more Scalford show either!!

It was a good site. But they did seem to have much more than their fair share of whining, 'right on' maryboys?

And a clique of oldies or two as well :rolleyes:

A shame really as there was plenty of fine and forthright wit and opinion there.

I'm sure he'll return once he's unspat the dummy, James did seem to be biting more and more easily recently

I'm sure it's a thankless task this forum boss business though and it's quite certain that people take it for granted.

Speaking for me only I can say I have had excellent help, banter and entertainment here. And an education in music and technology.

So more power to proper forums!!

And a 'cheer and a beer for Tony too. Don't want you feeling unloved by the masses mate :D:D:D:D

It would be a huge shame if the Scalford show was no more though - it really was enormous fun.

James and the Mods did a fantastic job and I am sure it was a thankless task. I really enjoyed the forum, the humour and the wealth of technical and musical knowledge and experience on hand but at the end of the day the dozen or so 'forum mafia' ruined it for everybody else, as is so often the case in todays society.

So, well done James for sticking to your guns and although I will really miss what was undoubtedly the best Hi-Fi site on the web (yours is a close second Tony :)) I respect and applaud your decision.

I love the 'wam though had no idea whatsoever that this level of 'activity' was going on behind the scenes. If it's gone for good I'll really miss it but a chaps family and home life is more important than a Hi-Fi forum.

Love PF too of course !

Can't say I blame you James.

Can't say i would even blame you if you did make money out of it, so what, good for you, perhaps you should. But I don't believe you do.

If this, after a cooling off period, turns out to be a shake down, which I hope it is, I'll be back.

Wigwam was your initiative, it's your ball to play with as you like. If anybody doesn't like they should get their own ball, start their own game.

TBH I support James' actions - as usual a small vociferous group have ruined it for the rest - I sincerely hope that the other mods are willing an able to re-establish HFW. Some of the folks that I've met have become good friends and some have also provided support over a particular issue (not hi-fi related) that I spent some time dealing with.

There is a small group of wammers on Face Book - perhaps in the meantime we can communicate via that group.

I trust that PFM is willing to provide moral support to any efforts to revive the Wam

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back