advertisement

Hernia op recovery

Just managed a sandwich. And a banana. And some biscuits. And a large mug of coffee. And some apple juice.

I’m home, and feeling far better than I’d expected. As ever, wonderful NHS staff, very caring and well humoured.
Excellent news. I’ve had a hernia for a few years, but have never bothered telling my doctor. I’m aware it is getting a little worse, though in no way debilitating. I was shying away from your thread in a fingers-in-ears-singing-la-la-la kind of way, but you may just have encouraged me to do something about it.

Excellent news. I’ve had a hernia for a few years, but have never bothered telling my doctor. I’m aware it is getting a little worse, though in no way debilitating. I was shying away from your thread in a fingers-in-ears-singing-la-la-la kind of way, but you may just have encouraged me to do something about it.

I’ve no hesitation in recommending it, but to be fair I suppose everyone will have a slightly different experience.

Glad it all went well for you.
I had a triple hernia repair back in 2004 and touch wood haven't had a problem since.
I seem to remember the most painful experience in the first few days was getting out of bed.

One Billy Bonus to come out of this is that when I mentioned to my nurse that my wife has limited mobility, she said let the house get dirty and eat a few takeaways. That’s my sort of medical advice :) And she was a 50-something very slim woman. I think I smiled.
Unfortunately I can’t drive for a week or so, and we’re just beyond the home delivery limits. Neighbours might be called :)

advertisement

Back