advertisement

Hernia op recovery

Brilliant Tony, so pleased for you, I was pestered in a good way by my daughter in law to contact the hospital ward.
Which I did and was re assured by the nurse she told me I have put pressure my my stomach muscles. She told me that I haven’t done any damage just strained them.
I’m going to leave the driving for a couple of weeks I don’t want to aggravate any more maybe 75 the healing takes a lot longer ?

Regards,

Martin

Thanks Martin.

I think the advice is to listen to your body and act accordingly.

I’m off to see a mate now. Known him since infants school, but haven’t seen him in two years!

Well, I’m back at ‘work’…

I’ve had the return to work interview, and the agreement is light duties with slightly reduced hours, and see how it goes this week.

Don’t arf feel weird!

Well 4 weeks yesterday and where I had the operation has reduced and the soreness round by my waist band on the right hand side diminishing rapidly. Will drive to the supermarket on Monday and see how it goes, walking is fine so hopefully I’ll be ok.
Tony, you were right your body tells you when you’re ready especially at my age !

Regards,

Martin

I’m just back from a 15 mile cycle ride. About an hour, took it fairly easy, but boy oh boy my legs are useless on even gentle gradients. 14mph average isn’t bad considering I wasn’t intending to set any records.

Picked up the first puncture since I bought this bike, heard the dreaded whoosh whoosh sound of air escaping…. and then I remembered I’m running tubeless, sped up, sealed itself. Phew.

I’m feeling good, and that’s the main thing.

Another ride today. Ten miles, in the heat, to Lavenham. It’s 27° and little breeze, so best I head for home.

No soreness, just useless legs :oops:

I had a drive to the supermarket and everything was fine. So Friday will be 5 weeks so not next weekend but the one after I’ll drive to my son’s in Canterbury a round trip of 100 miles so should be ok. I’m so used to having showers everyday that I haven’t had a bath yet !

Regards,

Martin

I got back from my ride, sat on the sofa with a large glass of ice cubes and cold water. After ten minutes I drifted off and discovered that lycra bib shorts provide no protection against thermal shock. I couldn’t speak!

I had a drive to the supermarket and everything was fine. So Friday will be 5 weeks so not next weekend but the one after I’ll drive to my son’s in Canterbury a round trip of 100 miles so should be ok. I’m so used to having showers everyday that I haven’t had a bath yet !

Regards,

Martin

I got back from my ride, sat on the sofa with a large glass of ice cubes and cold water. After ten minutes I drifted off and discovered that lycra bib shorts provide no protection against thermal shock. I couldn’t speak!
Good to see you two are on the mend.

got a friend waiting for one of these ops , he`s got loads of other medical problems but been waiting for months now . covid has put paid to any chance of an op , i think he has been admitted at least 3 times to hospital as an emergency for it but he is still waiting . what can you do , its about 5k plus to go private and this guy regularly pawns the TV to pay the bills , what can you do ? sadly there are millions of people out there waiting for elective surgery who cant get it

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/cancelled-elective-operations/

pleased to say my friend finally got his op after waiting for several years . thank goodness the NHS is still managing some elective surgery despite all this gloom and doom !! had it done under epidural

I'm at two weeks today after having my keyhole surgery
Had a full open op (on the other side) a good few years ago.... with a 4inch plus scar to show for it...but recovered really quickly

Cannot believe how nervous I was about this hernia op compared to 16yrs ago...I nearly left the hospital saying I've changed my mind! Not as brave as when I was younger... obviously.

But apart from a bit of bruising and swelling ...and tender "plums" I've been fine

A friend unkindly suggested I'd been in for cosmetic surgery ....and had a "one pack" fitted (due to early swelling)

Warning....don't click link if you don't want to see my post op damage!!!

https://flic.kr/p/2mD343r

I’m due to see our H&S guy in two weeks for a chat. I’ll be saying that I feel I should be back on full shifts and doing my normal physical work, with the understanding that if I feel anything strange down there I’ll back off and let everyone know.

My bilateral inguinal surgery was on 30/1/21. I ran the London Marathon on 3/10/21. Must say that until I saw this thread again that I'd almost forgotten that I'd had surgery 9 months ago. My surgeon did a darn good job!

advertisement

Back