Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Hancock...You've been a Naughty Boy!

Discussion in 'off topic' started by andyoz, Jun 25, 2021.

1. andyoz

andyoz pfm Member

^^^ 100%

And Covid will be blamed for anything bad happening in the future economically etc for the next 5+ years...

2. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

3. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

Well not for him but I can't bring myself to celebrate a family (and two marriages) breaking up. Soft sh*te that I am.

4. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Yebbut when is he repaying her 'salary' ?

5. Rana

Rana pfm Member

Great comment in FT.com:

Well well well..
    • Incompetence is okay - no need to go for that
    • Hypocrisy is okay - perfectly defensible - just say no
    • Corruption is okay - Dido going from strength to strength
    • But losing the support of Murdoch and the Sun... well that's you 86'd immediately...
    Who'd have thought it... ?

6. deej92

deej92 pfm Member

Late to the party but Hancock had to go so it’s right he resigned. Boris should have sacked him though.

7. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Yes, this is what is most depressing. For all the clamour for an alternative type of politics, when push came to shove, an alternative is not what people wanted. Whatever the reasons for rejecting an alternative type of politics, the fact that it was rejected means we will be stuck with politics as usual for the foreseeable future.

Depressing

Seanm likes this.
  8. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

That “alternative” may have appeared so from a Labour perspective, but it was pretty much what other progressives have been offering forever, but with added capitulation to the far-right ethnic nationalism of Brexit and minus absolutely anything to do with electoral reform or political accountability. Sure, compared to Blair, Blunkett and the rest of them it might have looked radical, but compared to what was actually needed it was pathetic. A reasonable centre-left manifesto delivered by someone as slippery and evasive as Blair who even allowed several of his MPs to share stages with the far-right.

9. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

We’ve argued around these points many many times, but the brutal truth is that none of the other progressives stood a chance of power except the Lib Dem’s who had power but proved anything but progressive when it came to using it and actually only empowered, enabled and supported the very ethnic nationalism, Brexit and austerity you deplore.

But my point was not to go over old arguments again, but to highlight the depressing fact that an alternative politics to that which we now live under is unlikely, and that is depressing.

10. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I’m far from convinced. Now it is becoming increasing clear that the Tories are fundamentally corrupt, Labour are beyond useless (and also corrupt), Brexit is a disaster and Little England is spiralling down the pan (likely alone as Scotland goes its own way and NI descends back into civil war) there might eventually be a realisation that the whole system has failed. It is only from that point that we can rebuild. I personally don’t see Labour as part of that process at all. They are clearly part of the problem and will likely be flushed-out with the Tories in any truly democratic scenario. I far prefer to believe in ideas and ideals, not parties. It isn’t over yet…

11. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

While I hope you’re right, continually identifying Labour as *the* problem misses the fact that other actors have figured in the downward spiral that has got is to where we are and I still don’t see where the recognition of a failed system that will flush out the compromised politics of left, right *and* centre will come from.

PS. I share your affiliation to ideas as opposed to parties or personalities and always have.

12. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I see it as systemic failure. We are exactly where countries end up if they do not have representative democratic systems. I cite Labour as a key part of the problem as they actively support an electoral system designed to return Tory governments with all-powerful majorities based on 39-43% of the popular vote. I can’t express it any more clearly than that. Any political party that is opposed to real electoral reform is part of the problem and as such is an entity I am actively fighting against.

13. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

If we accept that the Lib Dem’s for all their talk of being pro PR are psychologically incapable of delivering it, and Labour is, well, Labour, where does that leave us? Is there a PR organisation or group to join? The Greens? While they will likely get my vote because they are the only group to represent my views, as an organisation they’re a bit flawed.

14. Cav

Cav pfm Member

That was my point. Where is this reform to come from? No one who wants PR has any idea how to achieve it.

15. Cav

Cav pfm Member

You really don't understand sarcasm do you.

16. TalYWaun

TalYWaun pfm Member

It’s being reported that MH got caught by a camera hidden in a smoke alarm that he didn’t know was there and there is going to be an inquiry into who leaked the video. Better questions would be why was it there? Who asked for it to be fitted and when? Who was monitoring it and why did they have the user privileges to be able to make a copy of it? How many more hidden cameras are there? Maybe BJ’s Nixon moment?

Sue Pertwee-Tyr likes this.
  17. Cheese

Cheese Bitter lover

Tabloids, frequently demonized here, suddenly become interesting. But nobody ever reads them, no doubt.

18. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Tabloid scum devouring their own.

19. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Amp design and repairs.

Here's hoping the public see through this inverted pyramid of de pfeffel

Colin L likes this.
  20. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I don’t agree. I have zero interest where Tories stick their genitals as long as it isn’t in children, the mentally ill or animals. They can stick them in anything up to and including food blenders with my full consent. I have not the slightest care for the families involved, they knew what they were dealing with by marrying people as fundamentally crooked and deceptive as Mat Hancock, Boris Johnson or whoever. These people have never been anything other than what they are.

All I care about here is the tens of thousands of people this administration have killed with their gross incompetence, negligence and greed, and I want to see the countless £bns of tax revenue they have stolen or siphoned into donor pockets for non-delivered or substandard products returned. The feigned tabloid outrage in attempting to identify moral codes within fundamentally immoral people distracts hugely from that goal. I wish they would just follow the money and expose this shower of trough-feeding criminals as exactly what they are. The only story here is Hancock used tax money stolen from us to pay for a shag, but that isn’t how they are reporting it.

lagavullin10y and eternumviti like this.