advertisement

Got Fleas?

Sorry to ask this, but I'm new here.
I have just purchased a second hand Marantz CD52. How do I find out what frequency I' would need for this TCXO?
I haven't even opened the lid on this thing yet..

Hi Robert
I liked your excellent flea installation. Where did you get the psu? I am looking for similar or at least a pcb to build psu for when I complete my Flea.

Thanks

Great, it's funny to see my own PCB built by someone else :D

The output voltage can be a bit fiddly to tune. Maybe I should have fitted a trimmer there, the LED voltage can vary between 1,9 and 2,0V between different types.

Ray

A 3V green led will be an InGaN type; probably a different shade of green. Don't use in a flea, as they are much noisier than the GaP type which operate somewhere round 1.9 to 2V

Not personally, but it's not difficult. Remove R188, R226 and C176 and feed the clock using the empty pads of C176. You will lose the pitch function though. To complete the mod, you can make the PLL and VCO powerless by removing R172 and 173, so no strange things can happen.

Regards,

Ray

Finally completed my flea and psu - not without some silly mistakes solved with the kind help of Ray of Ray's audio page NL.

BTW I have a supplier for WIMA caps - if and when a group buy is considered.

Next is installation into Marantz cd7300. Will keep you posted.

advertisement

Back