advertisement

Glasto 2024

I can’t watch the whole thing but once it is all over I would like to go back and pick up a few bits - Squeeze, Paul Heaton and LCD Soundsystem to name a small few. I’m guessing iPlayer will let me go back but is it packaged up so you can find certain acts or do you have to plough through a lot of footage and/or know who was playing when?

I keep on saying I’ll never watch Orbital on these TV festivals as I’ve seen them live so many times over the years, but here I am, watching Orbital…

PS Quite frightening to think the last time I saw them live was actually 24 years ago at the Pier Head Millennium thingy in Liverpool.

Enjoying Orbital immensely so have just told my partner that Coldplay aren't on yet as she's not feeling the rave love here and wants a dose of U2 Lite. If I don't reply again it's cos she's done me in for lying to her and stuffed me under the patio (that I'm currently building) :D

I can’t watch the whole thing but once it is all over I would like to go back and pick up a few bits - Squeeze, Paul Heaton and LCD Soundsystem to name a small few. I’m guessing iPlayer will let me go back but is it packaged up so you can find certain acts or do you have to plough through a lot of footage and/or know who was playing when?
Squeeze aren’t available on iPlayer, or at least I can’t find them.

Orbital are done now so had to feign surprise to the partner that Coldplay had started ... at least she won't have missed her favourite I guess... that said I can only presume they do Yellow as an encore?

Orbital should be mind kind of music, we've seen them live 3 times.....but they just don't do it for us. Maybe I'll listen to the set tomorrow.....

I had a go with Coldplay, but no. Just not for me. I’m over with Disclosure. The rest of the evening will be electronic. Looking forward to Peggy Gou later, I bought her album and it is rather good. Looking forward to Justice closing tomorrow too, more good electronic/dance stuff.

PS I assume English Teacher (another great Leeds band) didn’t get filmed as they were way out on one of the minor stages? Shame, wanted to see them. Bet they were really good.

A little OT but I bought a UHD TV a few weeks ago (a bit behind the times), not watched anything in UHD until today...wow. Very impressive!

advertisement

Back