advertisement

Glasto 2019

i didn't think I knew any Killers songs other then Mr Brightside but it seems I know, and don't like, most of them. The singer is very annoying and looks like a Televangelist in that shit suit.

Just listening to the full Comet Is Coming set now on iPlayer. It is just stunning! So much energy and the best sound I’ve heard from the BBC for many years (they totally killed Tame Impala last night, sound as flat as a pancake). I guess they can cope with two synths, a sax and a drum kit, and the amazing thing is they haven’t compressed the crap out if it. Hopefully there will be a Sons Of Kemet set somewhere.

PS Of the old-timers I rather enjoyed Neneh Cherry.

Wonder how Kamasi Washington (Sunday eve) will sound, and have the beeb covered it?

I bought a Neneh Cherry album the other week for a quid or two, we all enjoyed it, even the 30+ year old offsprings

Bloss

i didn't think I knew any Killers songs other then Mr Brightside but it seems I know, and don't like, most of them. The singer is very annoying and looks like a Televangelist in that shit suit.

As that, but then again would you want to know a killer

Bloss

Pah! You're not fooling anyone. Go on, Smile Like You Mean It.

Live blogging Glastonbury seems like the most stupid thing ever but they nailed The Killers I think:

The Guardian said:
You’d find it hard to argue that the Somebody Told Me hitmakers are anything less than ruthlessly efficient. And when you’re playing to the biggest crowd of the day, who are there strictly to party, there’s nothing wrong with ruthlessly efficient. But it feels a bit like being in music’s equivalent of a mid-market chain restaurant. Yes, you know it’s going to be palatable, and in the right company you’ll have a pleasant time. But I can’t get more out of it. On the other hand, Brandon Flowers is headlining Glastonbury, whereas I’m a month away from turning 50 and I’m sitting on my sofa liveblogging it. Shows how much I know.

Killers always going to lose out to the Chems.

I’m actually watching Wu Tang Clan as I can’t stand The Killers and I’ve seen the Chems live a couple of times ages ago! Pretty dull night to be honest, might dive into some earlier stuff I missed on iPlayer. Johnny Marr was remarkably disappointing too, little more than a few reheated Smiths songs, which just felt wrong given The Morrissey Problem.

PS Need to catch the Idles set, the clip I saw looked like fun.

I’m actually watching Wu Tang Clan as I can’t stand The Killers and I’ve seen the Chems live a couple of times ages ago! Pretty dull night to be honest, might dive into some earlier stuff I missed on iPlayer. Johnny Marr was remarkably disappointing too, little more than a few reheated Smiths songs, which just felt wrong given The Morrissey Problem.

PS Need to catch the Idles set, the clip I saw looked like fun.

Yeah I went off The Chemicals quite quickly. Probably pretty awesome if you were there but seems all a bit reheated yesteryears on TV>

The Smiths I think of as the last great English pop band at the end of the arc that started with The Kinks and despite Marr being an absolute, bona fida guitar god they are best left at the point they split up even before we get to the Morrissey problem.

PS I have had two beers which is enough to get me shitfaced these days so I might not be making any sense.

Enjoying The Killers right now... one of the better "modern" bands... and the sound's not bad in a live kinda way!
"Human" is a modern classic... if you avoid any analysis whatsoever of the lyrics..

Is it me or this is the worst Glastonbury I've see in years?
Apart from idles and the comet, all the other zcts I've see seem lacklustre.
Oh I caught a bit of K Tempest. That was OK as she always have something interesting to say...

Enjoying The Killers right now... one of the better "modern" bands... and the sound's not bad in a live kinda way!
"Human" is a modern classic... if you avoid any analysis whatsoever of the lyrics..

Not knowing any of their music (yes, really) I'm enjoying it too, but it’s not the greatest music, rather the sort of anthemic stuff that appeals to large audiences.

Oh I caught a bit of K Tempest. That was OK as she always have something interesting to say...

Proper "rapping":)

Not too sure about the Idles, they are very forceful and that sorta works in a punk way,

I admire KT, but with all poets going into rock circuits the backing is generally dire, for me
and lessens the strength of the poem

Bloss

Not knowing any of their music (yes, really) I'm enjoying it too, but it’s not the greatest music, rather the sort of anthemic stuff that appeals to large audiences.

I don't know every song and it is patchy but there's some good choons there... actual melody... but in that there's a touch of the U2's to it I see what you mean:)

I like somebody told me & all these things.
He's as mad as a hatter, would blend right in here.

advertisement

Back