advertisement

Glasto 2019

I’d seen that before somewhere, some quality journalism, but I dispute their scoring (In Search Of Space, Doremi and Space Ritual should all be 10s IMO).

Sadly I must disagree with you, Space Ritual surely gets 11. There is nothing quite like it.

I wonder if Stormzy is going to do a putdown of Boris Johnson? It's cool that he's headlining the Pyramid Stage tonight. Most of the acts televised by the BBC have been uninspiring. Celeste Dion is okay, but I don't own any of her records and wouldn't buy one.

Look forward to seeing Tame Impala, The Comet Is Coming and Sons of Kemet, because they'e excellent.

Jack

Sadly I must disagree with you, Space Ritual surely gets 11. There is nothing quite like it.

Took my first acid trip just before Hawkwind played in Canvas City, a very large tent, at The Isle of Wight Festival in 1970. That was a weird night and set a pattern.

Then saw them whenever I could for a few years. Caught Hawkwind at The Greasy Truckers Party at The Roundhouse in 1972 and later that year at Brixton Sundown, where part of The Space Ritual Alive album was recorded. The Sundown didn't last long and became Brixton Academy.

Hawkwind provided a soundtrack for a number of never quite lost nights. The last time I saw them was at Glastonbury in 1990, the year that Happy Mondays headlined the Pyramid Stage and acid house and rave exploded at the Festival.

Jack

They just played a The Comet Is Coming track, sounded great, so much energy! I so need to catch that band live at some point, truly amazing stuff. Hopefully the set is on iPlayer somewhere, or will be at some point.

PS Jack, you attended arguably the two most legendary Hawkwind gigs! Greasy Truckers got you a killer Man set too! I know someone who was at the Liverpool Stadium gig, which the other bits of Space Ritual were assembled from.

They just played a The Comet Is Coming track, sounded great, so much energy! I so need to catch that band live at some point, truly amazing stuff. Hopefully the set is on iPlayer somewhere, or will be at some point.

PS Jack, you attended arguably the two most legendary Hawkwind gigs! Greasy Truckers got you a killer Man set too! I know someone who was at the Liverpool Stadium gig, which the other bits of Space Ritual were assembled from.
I'd love to see that The Comet is Coming set get a physical release, I'm still buzzing after it.

There 's really nothing worse than shite like stefflon don... muzak for morons.

I am happy for somone to openly state they dont like the music of an artist or a genre. But to me statements like this undermine cultural diversity, suppress creativity and IMO demonstrate racist leanings.

I've yet to hear a note of his/it but the name puts me off

her

Stormzy is not really my cup of tea but bloody hell his band were bang on the money. His drummer sounded brilliant, very loud of course!

I am happy for somone to openly state they dont like the music of an artist or a genre. But to me statements like this undermine cultural diversity, suppress creativity and IMO demonstrate racist leanings.

her

What do intestines look like? Pull yer head out and let us know.

It was sheer luck, Tony. They were great gigs and Man were excellent. I also caught the other Greasy Truckers Party at Dingwalls. Henry Cow, Gong and Camel performed at that.

Jack

advertisement

Back