advertisement

Glasto 2019

Watching The Lumineers as I write. I’d never heard of the band, but enjoying them a lot.

The iPlayer is live streaming a lot of the stages.
+ 1 for The Lumineers, fabulous melodies, yet more albums to buy:)
Also really enjoyed one of my fav. bands, The Charlatans.

I'd like to catch LOW who are scheduled to be on the John Peel Stage at 6pm today.
Any guidance would be gratefully received.

Watched the first BBC prog.
Nowt for me including Stormzy.
Even Jon Hopkins was a bit of a disappointment
Bloke in the front row texting....

I was at the gig primarily to see Henry Cow and Gong. Because the show was running really late, Henry Cow only ended up playing for about 10 minutes or so, I seem to recall.

I only saw Henry Cow a handful of times, including once at the London School of Economics. Wish I'd seen them more.

Fred Frith is a pretty amazing guitarist. I've just read that he's appeared on over 400 albums and is currently Professor of Composition in the Music Department at Mills College in Oakland, California.

Jack

Banksy designed the Union Jack stab vest Stormzy wore last night. https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...abJ8MTEyxVICQqjyaOm0KuWz0o#Echobox=1561822155

"The set, which aired live on the BBC, saw the crowd chant along to the words “F**k Boris”, in reference to Boris Johnson, the frontrunner to succeed Theresa May as the prime minister of the UK.

"The statement is part of the lyrics to the rapper’s track “Vossi Bop”, released in April of this year, which sees him declare: “I’ll never die, I’m Chuck Norris/F**k the government and f**k Boris”.

It's great that Stormzy was asked to headline Glatonbury and used the opportunity to make a critical statement about racist moron Johnson.

Jack

Last edited:
Foals, masters of their art.

A tighter, greater live band I would like to witness.

They were just superb.

What a contrast to Liam Gallagher whining away like the has been he is.

I am happy for somone to openly state they dont like the music of an artist or a genre. But to me statements like this undermine cultural diversity, suppress creativity and IMO demonstrate racist leanings.
Grime can bring the worst out in the older generation, seems to rile those stuck in the 70's for some reason :)

The playing and sq were excellent at Glasto. They were good also at a small basement club a couple of years ago, must have great technicians

Just listening to the full Comet Is Coming set now on iPlayer. It is just stunning! So much energy and the best sound I’ve heard from the BBC for many years (they totally killed Tame Impala last night, sound as flat as a pancake). I guess they can cope with two synths, a sax and a drum kit, and the amazing thing is they haven’t compressed the crap out if it. Hopefully there will be a Sons Of Kemet set somewhere.

PS Of the old-timers I rather enjoyed Neneh Cherry.

I like Liam, but a little miming might be in order shortly....to my ears he's sounding a little like Madonna at Eurovision...'just slightly' off key throughout..
..Or maybe my ears are failing me in my old age..

Just finished watching The Comet Is Coming set. Seriously just watch it! Its amazing all the way through, but the last 15-20 minutes had me staring at the screen/my La Scalas in disbelief. Just astonishing! One of the best sets I’ve ever seen by anyone in my life.

Just finished watching The Comet Is Coming set. Seriously just watch it! Its amazing all the way through, but the last 15-20 minutes had me staring at the screen/my La Scalas in disbelief. Just astonishing! One of the best sets I’ve ever seen by anyone in my life.

Thanks, will do.

Grime can bring the worst out in the older generation, seems to rile those stuck in the 70's for some reason :)
Funny, I'm not stuck in in the 70 and having spent my hole life listening to hip hop and electronic music, I still think Grime is a load of s**te

Funny, I'm not stuck in in the 70 and having spent my hole life listening to hip hop and electronic music, I still think Grime is a load of s**te
Never been a rap fan but hats off to Stormzy, definitely at the top of the heap where grime is concerned. I do like Vossi pop, but it ends there for me.

Could have been a gang member but did this instead, good for him.

advertisement

Back