advertisement

General Election 2024

Must say I don't know much about microphones, I'd never be,
"A musical equipment reviewer responsible for an article titled “Microphone of the Month” [ Half Man Half Biscuit - Breaking News. ]
Surely Number 10 would have researched dynamic microphones to cut out background noise? It's not the first time a speech has been upstaged by protest noise. Just glad that they haven't!

Surely Number 10 would have researched dynamic microphones to cut out background noise? It's not the first time a speech has been upstaged by protest noise. Just glad that they haven't!

I’d argue it was the duty of the press to capture the event fairly and the protest and rain was as much of the event as the drivel from Sunak. Anything else could be viewed as a state imposed propaganda narrative. As such the mix seemed about right; Sunak could be heard, as could the public reaction.

I can’t remember what it was exactly, but I remember being hugely annoyed when a replay of some political event had tampered with it removing some heckling. Basically reporting something that never happened in that way.

In true Cold War Steve style the ghost of Harold Shipman appears to have joined tonight's campaign rally.

1582.jpg

Must say I don't know much about microphones, I'd never be,
"A musical equipment reviewer responsible for an article titled “Microphone of the Month” [ Half Man Half Biscuit - Breaking News. ]
Go out there without one of those poncey brolly it'll make you look tuff. Take this microphone (perhaps the f*****r will electrocute you.

I guess his minions hate him as much as the rest of us (apart from Mick and Ponty) do

Couldn’t Sunak buy a coat?

Will the cost of replacing that suit fall on the 'taxpayer’?

Any thoughts about why he's chosen now? I mean, what does he expect to happen later which makes now seem like the best time for him? :eek:

He wants to be settled in his tech-bro job in California before another British winter and the USA are not a signatory to the ICC

The Tory MPs have let the side down, no question of that, but they are still Tories and fortunately most Labour MPs are running with Tory light policies because it wins votes.

It's simply a matter of fact and to be honest for the first time in my life I may not bother to vote, I get what I want which ever way it goes.

This election is a total non event.
Maybe because, your type will lose, and you can't have it both ways.
Rather than they "have let the side down", I'd say, they've been found out, and the prolls have a chance to change their smugness. I agree there won't be a big difference, but at least, we'll have a slightly different society ethic, and you'll be toast.

All going swimmingly (no pun intended...) for Sunak today. What a great leader he is. :rolleyes:

Christopher Hope@christopherhope
"Wow! Extraordinary but true - some furious Conservative MPs are tonight working on a plot to CALL OFF the general election by replacing Rishi Sunak as leader before Parliament is dissolved next Thursday. One rebel Tory MP tells me he believes “several” more letters of no confidence in Sunak have been submitted to 1922 chairman Sir Graham Brady. The senior Conservative MP told me: “Today has clearly been an absolute disaster but the election is NOT irrevocable; up until the point of the Dissolution of Parliament - when the writs are moved to begin the contests, it can still be aborted. “In other words, if enough Tory MPs, who are clearly going to lose their seats in this already utterly shambolic campaign, write to Sir Graham Brady, tomorrow , the election could still be revoked.”
Last edited9:44 PM · May 22, 2024

All going swimmingly (no pun intended...) for Sunak today. What a great leader he is. :rolleyes:

Christopher Hope@christopherhope
"Wow! Extraordinary but true - some furious Conservative MPs are tonight working on a plot to CALL OFF the general election by replacing Rishi Sunak as leader before Parliament is dissolved next Thursday. One rebel Tory MP tells me he believes “several” more letters of no confidence in Sunak have been submitted to 1922 chairman Sir Graham Brady. The senior Conservative MP told me: “Today has clearly been an absolute disaster but the election is NOT irrevocable; up until the point of the Dissolution of Parliament - when the writs are moved to begin the contests, it can still be aborted. “In other words, if enough Tory MPs, who are clearly going to lose their seats in this already utterly shambolic campaign, write to Sir Graham Brady, tomorrow , the election could still be revoked.”
Last edited9:44 PM · May 22, 2024
Oh yes, all 3 of them, totally nothing. Utter shite.

OK fair enough but you are replacing one Tory party with another. For me that is good news as the winning party will be running on Tory policies. However from your point of view, what's going to be different once Starmer is in No 10. The answer is hardly now't.

Imran Ahmed Khan, Crispin Blunt, Peter Bone, Neil Parish, David Warburton, Charlie Elphicke, Christopher Pincher, Andrew Griffiths, Rob Roberts.

Labour campaigning on change.

What change?

Or is it just a change of new clothes for the Emperor

I don’t believe a change of government will be a huge change. However I do hope it will mark the beginning of the terminal end of the Tories. The young don’t vote for them and their natural electors are dying. The only rationale for an election now is a few hundred would have been dead by November.🙂

I don’t believe a change of government will be a huge change. However I do hope it will mark the beginning of the terminal end of the Tories. The young don’t vote for them and their natural electors are dying. The only rationale for an election now is a few hundred would have been dead by November.🙂
What makes a Tory a Tory?

What makes a Tory a Tory, is the self same impetus that has already made Labour Tory.

Labour or Tory, the Tory driving force will remain in charge.

@Mick P is absolutely correct to feel safe with a new Labour government, they will do nothing that will upset even the most right wing Tory voter.

advertisement

Back