advertisement

GB News Channel

I guess they are working on the assumption the shower of far-right shits on GB News will no longer be MPs come the next election.

Good Law Project are about to legally challenge Offcom for failing to do their job regarding GB News breaching countless impartiality regulations.

Democracy, we have a problem. The rightwing broadcaster GB News appears to be getting away with breaking due impartiality rules. Shocking? Perhaps not.
Unlawful? We think so.

Support our legal action

It’s Ofcom’s job to make sure broadcasters big and small cover a range of balanced and varied views – fundamental to impartiality, a cornerstone of our democratic society. But the CEO of this seemingly relaxed regulator suggested they're running a two-tier system.

One rule for GB News, another rule for the rest.

She implied that, because GB News has a smaller audience than other broadcasters, it's subject to less stringent impartiality rules. We believe this contradicts Ofcom’s own Broadcasting Code and is against the law.

We’re determined to get to the bottom of this, so we’ve teamed up with media expert Professor Julian Petley to hold Ofcom to account.

Together, we’ve taken the first step in legal proceedings, calling on Ofcom to abolish any two-tier system and keep GB News in check.

Support our challenge

GB News, which has serving MPs Jacob Rees-Mogg and Lee Anderson on its roster of presenters, has breached the broadcasting code 12 times since launching in 2021. But it has never faced a formal sanction.

We can’t let them keep getting away with it. Help us push Ofcom to get GB News following the rules.

Thank you,

Rachel and the Good Law Project team

I'm wondering if they are cheerleaders for the Devil. 'GB' presumably stands for 'Go Beelzebub!'
Yes. The deep irony is that those shouting loudest about Christian values, stand for exclusion, racism, xenophobia and persecution of minorities.

These people perfectly illustrate the conflict between the teachings of Jesus and the politics of Pontius Pilate

Yes, point taken. But what the madman on GBNews demonstrates is how, from The Crusades to the War on Woke, Christian ‘values’ have been manipulated for nefarious purpose

Yes, point taken. But what the madman on GBNews demonstrates is how, from The Crusades to the War on Woke, Christian ‘values’ have been manipulated for nefarious purpose

Religion has always been a tool of extremist politics. Trump, Putin, KKK, Tory Party, GB News and its fake vicar etc would all be the ones crucifying Jesus, certainly not listening to his message. Heretics all.

Easter pop song:

Just to put this in context, my church which is on the evangelical side of the C of E supports local refugees charities and is working towards the next level of the Eco Church award.
I don't have much time for organised religion but a family member is a vicar and like your church is all about inclusion and trying to help those less fortunate.

Just as I don't believe people need religion to lead good lives, I think numpties like the bloke on GB News would still find plenty of ways to be numpties if the church didn't exist.

It was happening long before the Crusades. St Paul, the Stalin of the Christian revolution, was the first to manipulate the values for nefarious purposes.

It was happening long before the Crusades. St Paul, the Stalin of the Christian revolution, was the first to manipulate the values for nefarious purposes.
Yes. But all Paul did was spread the word of Jesus to gentiles. It’s obviously foreskins that are the root of all evil!

Looks like GB News is in some trouble. Far-right millionaire funder Paul Marshall is stepping away after losing £millions on the Tory propaganda hate channel. He’s taking his money and bigotry to the Telegraph, where thankfully no one under 70 or without dementia will ever see it. It will be interesting to see what monsters fill any funding void at GB News. I’m sure there is still plenty of dirty money from the US Christian fundamentalist far-right, Saudi & Russian oligarchs, crown tax haven money-launderers etc for the Tories to tap into.

advertisement

Back