advertisement

Folk/Acoustic

London based singer songwriter Jasmine Rodgers and guy called Danny Keane on Cello, superb EP called Dark Tide,, but £15 for an EP, before P&P is a bit steep
and how the hell does she get a P&P of £7.19 for UK shipping of a CD???? Stuff that

A nice new album from Scotland's inimitable Anna Massie launched today, with some quirky songs and nifty guitar work as you'd expect from her. It's Bandcamp Friday so I've just ordered it. Take a listen:
Two Down
Dinner Medals first half reminds me of Bagpuss music!

I like Two Down so far alot, 3 songs in. Thanks for the link SP.

Capt

and how the hell does she get a P&P of £7.19 for UK shipping of a CD???? Stuff that
That's mad! I didn't even realise that... I dropped her an Email asking her why it was so expensive and apparently because it's signed and £5 is donated to humanitarian and climate concern charities, but as you say, how come P&P is so ridiculously dear.
Will be sticking to Spotify for this one.
www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

This ES cover is as softly-sung as Karen Peris, played by this student in a bedsit it seems. Double-tracked just like he did too- has a real authenticity to it, & a damn complicated one too. This is my one ES for the wknd!

Capt

Good stuff, are they all instrumental albums?
I'm waiting for quite a few, not Bandcamp though, I use a company called Proper Music quite a bit.
Ben Nicholls, Natascha Rogers, Rachel Sermanni and Sophie Lillibrant
www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

Excellent album from Jimbo Mathus and Andrew Bird from 2021:

NTctOTQ5My5qcGVn.jpeg

Some lively instrumentals from The Scmoozenbergs on their new album Mouse (played by Genevieve Tudor or her Sunday Mixcloud show)

Oohh the dreamy Hope Sandoval, how can any chap not be smitten by that. Good guitar playing too.

2 fine Kate Rusbies on Front Row I thought, hubby on electric guitar a stunning accompaniment I thought, 2nd song without the brass quartet, I actually preferred like so tbh ( a touch too "Brassed Off" with it I find, a wee bit corny).

Capt

advertisement

Back