advertisement

Festival of Brexit, 2022 -it’s a thing. Exciting as a man with a firework up his arse.

Years ago there uses to be a video floating around of a bunch of rowdies buggering (literally, as it turned out) about with fireworks in which one of the silly sods pokes a firecracker up his arse and his mate lights it. The effect unfailingly invoked involuntary hysterics, however many times you watched it.

Was it called "Get Brexit Done" ?

Hold the Brexit celebrations. Johnson’s government is having its first collision with Brexit reality after his fantasy election promises.
Brexit was all about taking back control, regaining our sovereignty, right? Here come two external threats in short order- hawks in Washington are already pointing out that if Johnson wants a trade deal, he’s going to have to drop the British position on Iran and side with Trump over sanctions.

Two. British Airways are going to the EU Commission to seek action against the government for breaching fair competition/ state subsidy rules over its actions to save FlyBe. No problem, ‘we’re takin back control’ I hear you say. Not yet you’re not- Britain still has to comply with EU directives during its transition period.

All rosey in The Provence? ‘fraid not. They’re asking where their money is for resurrecting the Stormont power sharing agreement and Johnson is showing them his empty trouser pockets. America part II- the Democratic majority in the House have already warned Johnson that any breach of the GFA means they block the US trade deal.

The Bullingdonshit is about to run out and the difficult, unavoidable choices now arrive. Even the Telegraph and the DM won’t be able to make this go away.

giphy.gif

word-text-blue-bong-image-vector-19184151.jpg

Stephen

Prime Minister, what will the government’s economic strategy be for increasing borrowing for public spending by the largest amount since the 1970s while the economy is stagnating?
“Look here, as I said, bung a bob for a Big Ben bong. Now if you’ll excuse me I have to go and hide in a fridge”.

Prime Minister, what will the government’s economic strategy be for increasing borrowing for public spending by the largest amount since the 1970s while the economy is stagnating?
“Look here, as I said, bung a bob for a Big Ben bong. Now if you’ll excuse me I have to go and hide in a fridge”.

That "Bung a bob..." quote was sooooo well rehearsed, it must be the Churchill in him coming out as he was well known for working over and over on his ad lib's

That "Bung a bob..." quote was sooooo well rehearsed, it must be the Churchill in him coming out as he was well known for working over and over on his ad lib's
I’m sure the Ozzy fag salesman, Cummings or some smart arsed Guido Fawks/ Spectator intern rehearsed it with him. His mouth is very carefully managed these days because if he speaks what he’s really thinking, people like Eddy Mair expose him in public and it’s disastrous for him ( or used to be).

End, it's hardly begun!

Brino, here we come.
I think that’s your comforter- your party will step back from the void and sign up to a free trade deal, swallowing their national pride and ‘taking one for the team’. You’ll be alright financially...but wait -the markets turned on the pound again. That doesn’t sound like a leader heading a for free trade agreement and the necessary alignment, instead it’s a leader threatening total Brexit and legally tying his own hands to prevent there being time to negotiate realistically. How do you think he bought off the ERG freak show and Farage? This sucker could still go down, in fact it’s probably on the way down as we speak.

Did bojo have any particular bob in mind?

I think that’s your comforter- your party will step back from the void and sign up to a free trade deal, swallowing their national pride and ‘taking one for the team’. You’ll be alright financially...but wait -the markets turned on the pound again. That doesn’t sound like a leader heading a for free trade agreement and the necessary alignment, instead it’s a leader threatening total Brexit and legally tying his own hands to prevent there being time to negotiate realistically. How do you think he bought off the ERG freak show and Farage? This sucker could still go down, in fact it’s probably on the way down as we speak.

In these tortured and torturous days political predictions of any kind are frought with hazard, at least for those of us many mere mortals who lack balls of a crystalline nature. However, occasional chance insights can sometimes, just possibly, dimly light the path. I was recently fortunate to be a guest at a private, non-political function held in a great European city, the identity of which will be obvious from some of my recent postings in other regions of this forum. Amongst the many far more esteemed guests than yours 'ere truly, was Great Britain's former Ambassador for Cornish Beach Holidays, no less than he who devised, ran, and lost our bid to remain a member of the EU. I can report, and you have it conveyed directly to the pages of pfm from the horse's mouth, that he believes that 'Boris is doing the right thing'.

Now given that the gentleman in question (who, incidentally, has aquired a little weight and a disturbing 'shine' since flouncing) stopped at very little in his tight-lipped and clenched-jawed determination to persuade the patently stupid people of this sceptred isle that we should remain a member of the great and noble empire of the EU, what would you consider that 'the right thing' is?

I'm going for brino.

If I'm right, it'll be interesting to see how Boris flogs it to us.

Last edited:
, what would you consider that 'the right thing' is?
I was just about to ask you the same thing.

I'm going for brino.

If I'm right, it'll be interesting to see how Boris flogs it to us.
You may be right, if for no other reason that after 3.5 years nobody but nobody has come up with a single practical solution to any of the "challenges" (I'm using office NewSpeak deliberately because we all know that "challenges" mean "f*ing hideous monster problems for which I have no f*ing possible idea as to a solution") that face us. 15 days to go. Where's the import tariff deal? Where's the customs deal? What's the Irish border solutiuon? Nada, nada, and nada. Nobody has a f*ing clue and we are 3 and a half bastard YEARS into this. 3 and a half years and 3, count them, 3 parliaments. WHAT HAVE THEY BEEN DOING?

Meanwhile all the right wing press can say is how fantastic it is, they have been campaigning for it for 10 years, it's the best thing to ever happen to us and the best suggestion that the STUPID C**TS can come up with is to ring the F*ING BELLS at the appointed hour when "it" happens. Ringing the f*ing bells. Well, that's really going to fix everything. No need for any proper solutions, we'll just ring the bloody bells and it will all be all right. ARE YOU F*ING STUPID or do you just think that the public are and will fall for this stunt? It simply beggars belief. Have people forgotten that the previous time that bells were rung other than to indicate the time it was a signal to take to the air raid shelters? Perhaps they absolutely haven't forgotten and this is exactly the period to which they want to return.

And breathe. It is looking more and more like BINO.

You may be right, if for no other reason that after 3.5 years nobody but nobody has come up with a single practical solution to any of the "challenges" (I'm using office NewSpeak deliberately because we all know that "challenges" mean "f*ing hideous monster problems for which I have no f*ing possible idea as to a solution") that face us. 15 days to go. Where's the import tariff deal? Where's the customs deal? What's the Irish border solutiuon? Nada, nada, and nada. Nobody has a f*ing clue and we are 3 and a half bastard YEARS into this. 3 and a half years and 3, count them, 3 parliaments. WHAT HAVE THEY BEEN DOING?

Meanwhile all the right wing press can say is how fantastic it is, they have been campaigning for it for 10 years, it's the best thing to ever happen to us and the best suggestion that the STUPID C**TS can come up with is to ring the F*ING BELLS at the appointed hour when "it" happens. Ringing the f*ing bells. Well, that's really going to fix everything. No need for any proper solutions, we'll just ring the bloody bells and it will all be all right. ARE YOU F*ING STUPID or do you just think that the public are and will fall for this stunt? It simply beggars belief. Have people forgotten that the previous time that bells were rung other than to indicate the time it was a signal to take to the air raid shelters? Perhaps they absolutely haven't forgotten and this is exactly the period to which they want to return.

Re bells, just been reading in the Grauniad the Revs aren't having it...not politically neutral, neither should leavers jubilation be encouraged in the interests of healing the country. Oh, and the ringers themselves probably wouldn't do it.

Re ET and his well licked windows and well chewed carpet, watch it. You'll provoke him into wheeling out his tired Zils if you're not careful.

Re bells, just been reading in the Grauniad the Revs aren't having it...not politically neutral, neither should leavers jubilation be encouraged in the interests of healing the country. Oh, and the ringers themselves probably wouldn't do it.
F*ing right they shouldn't. If I were a Rev and some knobend came to me wanting to ring the bells I'd hack him to bits with an axe.

Re ET and his well licked windows and well chewed carpet, watch it. You'll provoke him into wheeling out his tired Zils if you're not careful.

The Zils have been laid up, they won't be needed, at least for a while. I can't comment on the carpet or the windows, I have neither. I live in a byre.

advertisement

Back