advertisement

Festival of Brexit, 2022 -it’s a thing. Exciting as a man with a firework up his arse.

In these tortured and torturous days political predictions of any kind are frought with hazard, at least for those of us many mere mortals who lack balls of a crystalline nature. However, occasional chance insights can sometimes, just possibly, dimly light the path. I was recently fortunate to be a guest at a private, non-political function held in a great European city, the identity of which will be obvious from some of my recent postings in other regions of this forum. Amongst the many far more esteemed guests than yours 'ere truly, was Great Britain's former Ambassador for Cornish Beach Holidays, no less than he who devised, ran, and lost our bid to remain a member of the EU. I can report, and you have it conveyed directly to the pages of pfm from the horse's mouth, that he believes that 'Boris is doing the right thing'.

Now given that the gentleman in question (who, incidentally, has aquired a little weight and a disturbing 'shine' since flouncing) stopped at very little in his tight-lipped and clenched-jawed determination to persuade the patently stupid people of this sceptred isle that we should remain a member of the great and noble empire of the EU, what would you consider that 'the right thing' is?

I'm going for brino.

If I'm right, it'll be interesting to see how Boris flogs it to us.
Pifflepafflewifflewaffle. It really is the same prose style as Quentin! Ripe with low hanging comedy fruit. I bet youre terrible texting, if you do it at all.

I was just about to ask you the same thing.

You may be right, if for no other reason that after 3.5 years nobody but nobody has come up with a single practical solution to any of the "challenges" (I'm using office NewSpeak deliberately because we all know that "challenges" mean "f*ing hideous monster problems for which I have no f*ing possible idea as to a solution") that face us. 15 days to go. Where's the import tariff deal? Where's the customs deal? What's the Irish border solutiuon? Nada, nada, and nada. Nobody has a f*ing clue and we are 3 and a half bastard YEARS into this. 3 and a half years and 3, count them, 3 parliaments. WHAT HAVE THEY BEEN DOING?

Meanwhile all the right wing press can say is how fantastic it is, they have been campaigning for it for 10 years, it's the best thing to ever happen to us and the best suggestion that the STUPID C**TS can come up with is to ring the F*ING BELLS at the appointed hour when "it" happens. Ringing the f*ing bells. Well, that's really going to fix everything. No need for any proper solutions, we'll just ring the bloody bells and it will all be all right. ARE YOU F*ING STUPID or do you just think that the public are and will fall for this stunt? It simply beggars belief. Have people forgotten that the previous time that bells were rung other than to indicate the time it was a signal to take to the air raid shelters? Perhaps they absolutely haven't forgotten and this is exactly the period to which they want to return.

And breathe. It is looking more and more like BINO.

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you wrote. The irony is that the Brexiters may find they are unable even to ring the f*%%&ing bells, such is their inability to organize even a mild buzz in a brewery.

ARE YOU F*ING STUPID or do you just think that the public are and will fall for this stunt?

Sorry to say, but yes, I believe 50% of the public are gullible enough to fall for this stunt and will probably be misty eyed when/if the bells ring. Then they'll go back to being mad as hell at johnny foreigner for everything that's wrong in their lives.

Ho, ho, take a look at the top comment on BBC's have your say

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-51133614

Bong. Adieu to UK's influence in the world
Bong. Goodbye to 40% of our international trade
Bong. Farewell to international collaboration on crime
Bong. So long to our citizens' freedom to travel, study and work in the EU
Bong. Adios to protection for our people from the European courts
Bong. Cherio to an era that has resulted in peace in Europe
Bong. Toodle-oo to the once United Kingdom

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you wrote. The irony is that the Brexiters may find they are unable even to ring the f*%%&ing bells, such is their inability to organize even a mild buzz in a brewery.

Sorry to say, but yes, I believe 50% of the public are gullible enough to fall for this stunt and will probably be misty eyed when/if the bells ring. Then they'll go back to being mad as hell at johnny foreigner for everything that's wrong in their lives.
Johnson’s going to run out of road pretty quickly. He needs money, a great deal of money and he’s chosen The Saj as his fall guy- inevitably when he demonstrates he can’t turn base metal into gold, he’s going to be offered up as the first human sacrifice from the Cabinet. I wonder who he’s got to replace him? My money’s on Gove to repeat the cycle and face retribution.

I assume PFM's brave cadre of Labour leavers are excited now they are getting the Tory Brexit they voted for?

I also assume they'll be partying alongside their ex-UKIP/Brexit company (or 'Conservative party' as it used to be known) comrades?

Stephen

I assume PFM's brave cadre of Labour leavers are excited now they are getting the Tory Brexit they voted for?

I also assume they'll be partying alongside their ex-UKIP/Brexit company (or 'Conservative party' as it used to be known) comrades?

Stephen
C’mon this is The Healing Time. Everyone must do their bit at the Festival of Brexit. This could be making bunting or hosting a street party and organising an ice breaker for the 40 ukippers who are going to turn up at your place.

I heard this bilge about the Brexit bong debacle. Well, I was a remainer, still am I suppose, but I’ll go with the ever so slight majority and since it will be a historic occasion will even toll-erate a bit of bell ringing. It’s symbolic innit. But as such why can’t they just use a recording of the bl00dy thing and save all this argument about the cost, I think it’s even been done before..

NO. No, utterly-**** the very idea of a 'celebration': there's not one damn thing to celebrate about 'brexit' - in fact I think that's true whichever side you felt you belonged when voting - because it's the rending of old relationships and ideals, all round, for a 'tomorrow' that none of the proponents have been able yet - after 4 years of trying - to even describe, let alone identify as positive.

It's Pandora's box writ large: "A present which seems valuable but which in reality is a curse"' - make no mistake.

I wouldn’t deny anyone a bit of bell ringing. I’m more concerned about the flight from oppression fiction and what’s going to follow in its wake- some of the real diehards may have trouble restraining themselves again when they see a brown person walking in the street next day -as in June 2016.

I heard this bilge about the Brexit bong debacle. Well, I was a remainer, still am I suppose, but I’ll go with the ever so slight majority and since it will be a historic occasion will even toll-erate a bit of bell ringing. It’s symbolic innit. But as such why can’t they just use a recording of the bl00dy thing and save all this argument about the cost, I think it’s even been done before..
Look at the election numbers....the majority was remain.

I wouldn’t deny anyone a bit of bell ringing. I’m more concerned about the flight from oppression fiction and what’s going to follow in its wake- some of the real diehards may have trouble restraining themselves again when they see a brown person walking in the street next day -as in June 2016.
It's worse than that Dec, on the 31st, vocal Remoaners like yourself are going to be kidnapped and brought to a Weatherspoons lock in, whilst being force fed gammon steak and chips, like the punishment dealt out to Alec in Clockwork Orange, only for liberals.

It's worse than that Dec, on the 31st, vocal Remoaners like yourself are going to be kidnapped and brought to a Weatherspoons lock in, whilst being force fed gammon steak and chips, like the punishment dealt out to Alec in Clockwork Orange, only for liberals.
Alex you illiterate klutz.

advertisement

Back