1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Festival of Brexit, 2022 -it’s a thing. Exciting as a man with a firework up his arse.

Discussion in 'off topic' started by TheDecameron, Jan 12, 2020.

1. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Minister for Fun, Nicki in-out,in Morgan-

(Look, as a’ say) ...“The nationwide festival will give us a fantastic opportunity to champion all that is great about the UK. It will be a tremendous showcase for our creativity and innovation, which will not only celebrate our values and identities, but will also help attract new inward business and investment”.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/2022-festival-update

will you do your bit?

2. clifftaylor

clifftaylor Absolutely retired!

Christ on a bike.....

3. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Doubt it, the budget is only £120m

Rob998, Nick_G, Alex S and 3 others like this.
  4. lazycat

lazycat pfm Member

Well if he did have a firework up his arse - it probably would be the second cumming.

5. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Wait, there's two of them?

lazycat likes this.
  6. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Hat and Beard member

I might go to Scotland to see how it is celebrated there. I think that could be amusing. I could tie it in with the start of my scouting operation to find a suitable area to move to once independence and EU membership application look likely.

tqineil and Spike55 like this.
  7. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

8. Colin L

Colin L pfm Member

9. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

Will the EU, as our single biggest trading partner, be targeted to attract increased inward business investment, I wonder ? If not, I'm out, as they say on Dragons' Den.

10. billo

billo pfm Member

I wonder if inspiration will be taken from Charlton Heston's final scene from the original 'Planet of The Apes' ?

11. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

I want imax screens showing a drawn 5 day test on a permanent loop.
    I want every West End theatre showing panto.
    I want strictly only doing Morris dancing.
    All chilled beer to be banned.

tqineil, TheDecameron and MikeMA like this.
  12. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Well, I can dream, can’t I?

The Festival of UK Excellence and Drive. Should hit the right note as an acronym.

Spike55, martin clark and MikeMA like this.
  13. JustJohn

JustJohn pfm Member

The comedian and clown Chris Lynam is famous for rounding off his act by stripping naked, wedging a roman candle up his arse, then lighting it up while singing 'There's No Business Like Showbusiness'. It is bound to offer far more entertainment than a Festival of Brexit could ever hope to muster.

The fun starts at around the 4'55' mark.

ff1d1l and TheDecameron like this.
  14. kendo

kendo Prussian bot

"...will you do your bit?"

I think I'm busy...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  15. Alex S

Alex S carbon based lifeform

That deserves 3 hits of the like button.

Spike55 likes this.
  16. Alex S

Alex S carbon based lifeform

Unfortunately, I’m in London so will miss it. I presume it’s shared between Boston and Sedgefield.

17. guey

guey pfm Member

I've seen him do that a couple of times - the second time with one of his legs bandaged......

18. kendo

kendo Prussian bot

The most helpful part of the above link is...

"Is there anything wrong with this page?"

19. eternumviti

eternumviti Bloviating Brexiter

Years ago there uses to be a video floating around of a bunch of rowdies buggering (literally, as it turned out) about with fireworks in which one of the silly sods pokes a firecracker up his arse and his mate lights it. The effect unfailingly invoked involuntary hysterics, however many times you watched it.

20. molee

molee pfm Member

Talking of 'fireworksupthearse' nostalgia. I took my (then) ten year old lad to a footy tournament where part of the post match cabaret set included the host team doing a Tiller girl routine with sparklers up their bums. Ahhh, the reflected light of joy and wonder on the boy's face when they were persuaded to do it all again. Ahhh, the smile on his teachers face when she told me and his mum the boys response to 'And what did you do during the summer holidays?' at parents' evening. The picture in his exercise book got a tick, tick 'star'.

Weekender likes this.