advertisement

Equipment stands

Hey Dan M, could you fit on turntable on the top of one of those eames designs? would a middle layer be deep enough for say a brio r?

Yes, the top fits my LP12 just fine. The middle layer is wide/deep enough for an olive double wide preamp (e.g. my 102). I don't do it now, but I seem to recall the bottom shelf is tall enough to hold 12" LPs, but the middle not quite.

see http://store.hermanmiller.com/Products/Eames-Storage-Unit for dimensions - top is 47"W x 16"D
Dan

I bought some banged up quadraspire from a fishie for a price that seemed ok. £65 quid for a 4 tier cherry stained oak 100mm spacers and 314ish mm spacers. Got sod all to put on them but I wanted to convert it into a own sunoko vent in white and satin black metalwork.

It seems like a really nice simple bit of furniture, absolutely no idea what I will use it for maybe have it as an empty rack, a sort of zen purist "everything and nothing" response or turn I it into a pair of plinths for the valves and a bedside cabinet (resembling something more like a charging station) for my internet doodads. Its a simple aesthetic. Multifunctional and lots of uses.

You don't see a lot of white quadraspire about, I tarted up the black work ok, 3 coats and plenty of time (couple of days) to cure between coats... comes on real easily... Nice stuff.

13086377195_270987c13f_c.jpg

I'll think of a use for it no doubt.

Until I realised the size I thought they were some sort of home made mortar and ammo.

What is the going rate for a vat of liquid nitrogen

A lot of money!!! BOC quoted me £750 last week! You have to hire the main Dewar flask, smaller ones a minimum delivery...
Fortunately a friend at University has given us access to as much as we require!

Until I realised the size I thought they were some sort of home made mortar and ammo.

Just try getting that past the TSA. its 19mm diameter so have proportions of a fantasy explosive cartridge you would find some butch sweaty lesbian packing ordnance. I do think there is a lot of sublimated male fetishism in hifi stands and a lot of really messed up prissy wholly thinking as well (mea culpa guys, mea culpa) but I still find them quite pleasantly logical and pretty cheap. what's not to love (aside from a butch lesbian who can never properly love you back).

advertisement

Back