advertisement

Emma Raducanu continues to improve.

Do it for Tim Emma!

More than that put Piers Morgan back in his box.

Since seeing her play last year, at Jamie Murray’s Battle Of The Brits tournament, where she turned up to seriously compete and looked like she belonged in their company, her emergence on two of the biggest stages is nothing less than amazing to witness, phenomenally so.

Didn’t expect Andy to hand over the baton to another home grown player so quickly but she’s obviously ready and has talent in spades.

I shouldn't think anyone knows enough about these players to call it. They both are exceeding expectations. Except perhaps their own.

Do it for Tim Emma!

More than that put Piers Morgan back in his box.

Since seeing her play last year, at Jamie Murray’s Battle Of The Brits tournament, where she turned up to seriously compete and looked like she belonged in their company, her emergence on two of the biggest stages is nothing less than amazing to witness, phenomenally so.

Didn’t expect Andy to hand over the baton to another home grown player so quickly but she’s obviously ready and has talent in spades.
what did he say?

Raducanu was impressive in The Battle of the Brits. I couldn't have imagined that only a year later, she'd be competing on such a big stage.

I shouldn't think anyone knows enough about these players to call it. They both are exceeding expectations. Except perhaps their own.

Totally agree, the last time they met was in the 2018 final of junior Wimbledon, where Emma won in straight sets 6:2 6:4

It’s interesting that despite playing three more matches Emma has played 23 less games to get to the final.

Emma has played 23 less games to get to the final.

I'd say she'd played fewer games :D

I do hope that one of the terrestrial TV companies will at least show highlights of the final tomorrow. When we get SOME coverage of all three of the other slams, I think it's a shame for Amazon Prime to completely hog the U.S. tournament.

I'd say she'd played fewer games :D

I do hope that one of the terrestrial TV companies will at least show highlights of the final tomorrow. When we get SOME coverage of all three of the other slams, I think it's a shame for Amazon Prime to completely hog the U.S. tournament.

Amazon has exclusive rights - perhaps they think that they can sell more tennis racquets.

I think she is already safely esconced in the IMG management machine. Proper wealth will take time to accumulate after all the team/travel and management costs!

Curious to know how much will be left for her after a $1M+ win..

The previous cause of tennis hype was Coco Gauff. I think one year younger than Raducanu. It's very hard to tell how the careers of youngsters will eventually develop. So many changes. Coco Gauff's trajectory has flattened off a little. I'm relieved that Raducanu is doing this outside of UK at the moment. There was talk of the BBC leaning on Wimbledon to put Raducanu's 4th round Wimbledon match on last in the day for the sake of their broadcast. Which gave her all day to think about the expectation.

Not been able to watch Women's tennis for a few years now - grunting screaming and juiced up giants. But my missus convinced me to give it a watch (she's such a patriot) and to be honest this girl seems to be great. What a forehand she has. She looks to be the real deal. Seriously impressed.

There was talk of the BBC leaning on Wimbledon to put Raducanu's 4th round Wimbledon match on last in the day for the sake of their broadcast. Which gave her all day to think about the expectation.
Not just talk, this is a permanent deal. Brits have to go on later in the day to boost interest (or viewing figures depending on your standpoint.) Hence Tim Henman not finishing off Ivanisovic in time, Murray forever playing under a closed roof etc.

advertisement

Back