advertisement

Emma Raducanu continues to improve.

Pity we can't see some of the U.S. open; not live, but if they can show bits of the Aussie Open, why not the U.S.? Maybe they are and I've missed it as I don't look at day schedules. Think they had to abandon play because of hurricane Ida downpours.

Canadians will be very happy with her progress, if only we could get some decent British players :p

It was a total annihilation of the girl who knocked ash barty out of the olympics.

Romanian father, Chinese mother, how could she be more British?

Amazing stuff. Through qualifying to the quarters, and still not dropped a set. Not just Emma’s game, but also her on-court demeanour, how she is in interviews and so on... all hugely impressive, especially given her age.

This thread might be a little slept on just now, but it’s perhaps only a matter of time before Emma’s the biggest sports star in the country.

I was thinking she needed a thread. Deeply impressive playing and my tennis loving American colleagues have very much taken to her just like the press says. Her run has been extraordinary.

She does look the real deal so fingers crossed she continues to develop and becomes a contender for the major titles.

Its not just that shes got the game to win, its that she has a great attitude and seems to genuinely enjoy playing.

Also her style of play is great to watch. I cant think of a better female returner of the ball, you can tell she trains with Murray.

Wowzers.

Too good today. Again, ruthless on second serves. There were times Bencic was close to unravelling in that last set... just couldn’t handle Emma at all.

advertisement

Back