advertisement

Elsdon Wonfor Audio LS-40 speaker cables

Hi All,

Sorry Geoff I am still alive :D he he, I also had to miss new heart valve replacement last week due that dreadful bug.
My first day back on the web page and PC, crikey loads of e-mails.

In my new library loft conversion so still trying to find the mouse, and no music yet.

Take care all best Col
Hope you feel 100 percent soon Col.

I do hope the EWA cable are better than TQ it should be a massive step up and no middle man to take his cut, or adverts to sway reviews.
I'll be happy to let you know, when you or Alan can get this loan pair of LS-40's to me ! ;o)

What happened, adcaudio is not responding to emails? Six weeks ago I ordered a cable and I still haven't heard back about the order...

Wow, at least I'm not alone in this. That's about how long it was since i first spoke to Alan. I know he had an accident, then came back to work briefly and contacted me, but that was over a month ago. Colin, are you not in contact with ABC , do you know what's happening ?
I've tried contacting Colin by PM on two forums but he hasn't responded.
There is no phone number to contact ABC , and they are not responding to via the website 'chat'.

Elsdon and Wonfor Audio's face book page has a phone number if you want to call: 07933657221

How can it be that they leave the customers to guess for themselves what has happened...
I still haven't been contacted. I'm starting to get desperate and I'm about to ask for my money back through the insurance!

Cottage industry woes. A man's down ... the business is down. I hope he gets well soon!

In no way would Imply there is anything untoward (nor do I indeed know if his company operates a 100% prepay policy) but I would always advise a deposit only order. Even in less economic challenging times things have been known to go wrong for different reasons.

Ah this is what I feared.
Thanks for the info.
Can someone link the thread, I can't immediately find it ?

Edit : sorry, just found it, on the SECA forum

Having taken 4 days on and off reading this thread and the LS 25 one after a suggestion by a poster on Steve Hoffman Forums it seems these are great cables and a brand I’ve never heard of prior, I can relate to covid and other illnesses slowing things down as I’ve had covid twice this year , Once it appears from perhaps Alan posting again here I’d really like to see if I could get a pair of LS 40s to trial if such a thing is still going on ?

Finally I do wish Colin and Alan as good health as they can have again soon

I hope Alan is making a good recovery. I've just picked up a set of XLR IC-25 at a reasonable price on the auction site, and they've made a worthwhile difference over the TQ ultra blacks I was using before.
In an increasingly uncertain world, especially, poor health is a bu**er. Best wishes.

Elsdon and Wonfor Audio's face book page has a phone number if you want to call: 07933657221

How can it be that they leave the customers to guess for themselves what has happened...
I still haven't been contacted. I'm starting to get desperate and I'm about to ask for my money back through the insurance!

hi
I’m in a similar situation I’m really interested in demoing the EWA LS25 or 40s. I’ve tried contacting ABCaudio via the website but no response yet. Have you heard back yet? if I don’t hear anything I’ll have to buy TQ silver ii but based on what I’ve heard I believe EWA are the better buy, though not sure which. Either way I expect an improvement over my current Chors Rumor X. I do hope Alan and Colin are well.

I wouldn't spend that much on TQ cables unless you are desperate to change quickly. The EWAs are much better value as you are effectivly cutting out a middleman

I wouldn't spend that much on TQ cables unless you are desperate to change quickly. The EWAs are much better value as you are effectivly cutting out a middleman
Thanks for the encouragement to wait, I’m not in a major rush to change but feel cables are my weak link so keen to replace, and concerned I can’t get hold of ABCaudio based on the previous poster spending a lot of money and hasn’t heard anything. Perhaps I need to be hang in there longer.

Thanks for the encouragement to wait, I’m not in a major rush to change but feel cables are my weak link so keen to replace, and concerned I can’t get hold of ABCaudio based on the previous poster spending a lot of money and hasn’t heard anything. Perhaps I need to be hang in there longer.

as you have cables I’d wait patiently for myself if I can get something planned with ABC by the end of the year that will be quick enough all the reports make these cables well worth the wait imho

Reactions: MAH
I've had the cables for a while now. I recommend waiting until you get the cables, they are that good.
I have a chance to compare the ultra black ll. At the moment it seems that the ls-40 is much sharper, but otherwise very similar. Maybe closer to black diamond...?

advertisement

Back