advertisement

Elsdon Wonfor Audio LS-40 speaker cables

Thing is though, I'd normally not even consider a cable at this price point, but the sheer antagonism to what is largely a user debate actually makes me very interested to see what they're really like. So a big thank you to RoA for being such an a** - and you've potentially generated custom for @CJ14!

So it’s @RoA who is Alan’s shill! Crikey, what a plot twist!! Didn’t see that coming at all!! :D

I have a pair of cables coming to demo soon, the guy who is sending them (from another great forum) has said he is not wanting to say what breed they are, rather leave it to me to see if they are good. I may get a surprise and like them so much and save a few hundred £££

Hello there, do tell us about the cables that were being sent to you, did you get a good surprise?

Hoping the health issues with your partner have eased somewhat

Rega Planar 10/Apheta 3, Rega Aura phono stage
Roksan Xerxes X (upgraded to 20 plus spec) Sara tonearm, Shiraz, Roksan PSU and Phono stage in Caspian DX2 module
Roksan Blak CD
Musical Fidelity A5CD (JS Audio Repairs full upgrade)
Musical Fidelity Nu-Vista 600 (JS Audio Repairs Stage 2 Upgrade)
PMC 25.26 loudspeakers

Cabling;
EWA MC-5 to amp
EWA MCS-5 to Aura
Russ Andrews Evo Powerkord 500 to CD
Russ Andrews Evo Powerkord 500 to Roksan DX2
Russ Andrews Powerkord 300 to P10 PSU
Russ Andrews Powerblock mains extension
EWA IC-25 (1st gen RCA) DX2 to amp
EWA IC-25 (2nd gen XLR) Aura to amp
EWA IC-25 (2nd gen RCA) CD to amp

Hi , @CliffB apologies for being a little off topic,

but as I have a MF A5CD can I ask what differences you found by having the JS Audio Repairs full upgrade done ?

if not appropriate to reply in the thread please pm me , many thanks

Hello there, do tell us about the cables that were being sent to you, did you get a good surprise?

Hoping the health issues with your partner have eased somewhat
Many thanks for the good wishes, re my partner, she is nearly 100%, just some radiotherapy to get.
As to the cables, in a word they were excellent, on a par with the ones I had from TQ (via my dealer) but at half the price. All the highs and lows were there, as well as being able to do the tight bass, which considering my main genre is the organ, that was a deal breaker. Sound stage was good, comparable to the Ultra Black II I demoed. As to a future purchase, will make that decision when I have tried some a friend is sending.

I had LS-25 which were better than TQ Ultra Black (version 1) at the time so I can quite believe LS-40 were at least equal to Ultra II. LS-80 are yet another level though.....

Apolgies if I've misread the tone / purpose of this excellent thread, but if you don't ask....
Assuming that the LS40 "demo tour" is no longer an option (?), I just wondered if anyone here has decided / is tempted to upgrade from LS25 to LS40, or from LS40 to LS80 and has / might have a pair of 3.5m (minimum) EWA cables to sell on?
TIA!

Last edited:

advertisement

Back