advertisement

Elsdon Wonfor Audio LS-40 speaker cables

I noticed you went from Chord Epic to EWA LS40. I owned the Epic before and the bass sounded full but lacked the punch, tightness and layering/texture. In other words, it's a big ballsy bass with a lack of definition and detail. It is useful to note that the LS40 improved on these aspects.

The difference from the Chord and Naim PL cables collectively is astronomical in terms of neutrality, speed, punch and detail.

I assure you.

Hi Colin,

Hope you are well.

Do you know if it's possible to try an M50 before purchasing? Or is it made to order only.

I'm guessing it's a pretty straight up sounding piece of kit, judging by the EWA cable performance.

I listen to lots of electronic music. Amongst other genres like acoustic, rock , pop.

Cheers
Adam

Hi Adam,

There is a M50 on tour at Pinkfish, I spoke to Alan and he will contact you.
They are all made to order, and at this time no stock left sorry.

Best Col

Hi Colin,

Hope you are well.

Do you know if it's possible to try an M50 before purchasing? Or is it made to order only.

I'm guessing it's a pretty straight up sounding piece of kit, judging by the EWA cable performance.

I listen to lots of electronic music. Amongst other genres like acoustic, rock , pop.

Cheers
Adam
Hi Adam,

Would you like to try the demo M-50 unit? I can add you to the list, I imagine it will come your way fairly soon.

Best regards,

Alan

Hello guys, just checking in to make sure i'm on the M50 list.

Think my emails might be going to spam (wouldn't be surprised!)

Really looking forward to that one.

Cheers Adam

Look out in the next months for a demo integrated amp we are doing with luck for under £1000 .
MM,MC, 2 X aux, 1 X Balance and headphones.

Does anyone ( Colin ? ) know if things are OK at ABC/EWA right now ? -
Only I was just in discussion with Alan about receiving a loan pair of LS-40 , around 2 weeks ago, when things went very quiet, no further contact.
I suspect illness unless Alan forgot to mention he was going on holiday.

I've had an update today, and thankfully things aren't too bad. Alan did have an accident and injured his knee, but he's getting back into things from today.

I had a second-hand pair of the LS-25 recently, and these were a big step up in almost all respects, vs. my existing TQ Ultra-Black. I could however hear a slight problem with timing being slow. I'm hoping the LS-40 will address this, or if not, the LS-80. I loaned the LS-25 to a friend and he was so keen that he bought them off me, on the basis that I'd probably buy LS-40 once I'd heard them !

Well, I'm not getting any further on this, Alan is incommunicado again, hope he's OK. I pinged Colin a PM on the SECA forum, but no reply yet. Maybe he will comment here.

Hi All,

Sorry Geoff I am still alive :D he he, I also had to miss new heart valve replacement last week due that dreadful bug.
My first day back on the web page and PC, crikey loads of e-mails.

In my new library loft conversion so still trying to find the mouse, and no music yet.

Take care all best Col

I've had an update today, and thankfully things aren't too bad. Alan did have an accident and injured his knee, but he's getting back into things from today.

I had a second-hand pair of the LS-25 recently, and these were a big step up in almost all respects, vs. my existing TQ Ultra-Black. I could however hear a slight problem with timing being slow. I'm hoping the LS-40 will address this, or if not, the LS-80. I loaned the LS-25 to a friend and he was so keen that he bought them off me, on the basis that I'd probably buy LS-40 once I'd heard them !

Colin has Covid ATM, but I’m sure he will respond in a few days.

I do hope the EWA cable are better than TQ it should be a massive step up and no middle man to take his cut, or adverts to sway reviews.

advertisement

Back