advertisement

Elsdon Wonfor Audio LS-25 speaker cables

@radamel

I have had the UB’s in my system but not done a direct comparison with my LS-25’s. I can’t fault the EWA cables which sound so good and are incredible value for money.

LS50, OK who let the cat out of the BAG

Well the proto type LS50 I have sounds OK, Good, FANTASTIC :cool: sorry got carried away. And it going to be Blue, heavy. and sounds FANTASTIC :cool: sorry did it again,
Also doing IC25 not IC5 but a new one that will be available with luck soon.

Well the proto type LS50 I have sounds OK, Good, FANTASTIC :cool: sorry got carried away. And it going to be Blue, heavy. and sounds FANTASTIC :cool: sorry did it again,

So it's true!!

Any change of getting demo set? 2.5m long??

A bit of a basic question here from one who used to know that 2.5mm twin and earth was as good as it got...
How good a system do you need to start to appreciate the improvements these cables bring ?
I'm still working my way through the previous 32 pages of this thread but am already very tempted, especially as the cables are not in the (for me) silly money range so may find out more as I continue to digest, but are you all owners of real high end gear ?

@steveinspain

Not real high end in my case:

Source: Mytek Brooklyn with a good external LPSU;
Integrated amp: GamuT Di 150LE;
Speakers: Monitor Audio PL100II;
Subwoofers: REL R528SE.

Why don't you try for yourself? Every listener/ setup/ room is different.

@CJ14 Colin, if you want any testers put me down. Any idea when available and costs. Ooh exciting.

@steveinspain

Not real high end in my case:

Source: Mytek Brooklyn with a good external LPSU;
Integrated amp: GamuT Di 150LE;
Speakers: Monitor Audio PL100II;
Subwoofers: REL R528SE.

Why don't you try for yourself? Every listener/ setup/ room is different.
Thanks, I am very tempted to try some, but my system is fairly lowly compared to many peoples, and I don't want to take advantage of an offer (or waste peoples time) if it's unlikely to work.
However, as you say, every one is different.
I might be trying some new speakers shortly, so need to get used to them first though !

Thanks, I am very tempted to try some, but my system is fairly lowly compared to many peoples, and I don't want to take advantage of an offer (or waste peoples time) if it's unlikely to work.
However, as you say, every one is different.
I might be trying some new speakers shortly, so need to get used to them first though !

I felt manufactured cable was actually better for my sound when I had a cheaper system, I don't bother to much with it anymore as I have (to me) quite a pricey one and Mogami seems to work just right for me, although I havent tried Colins cable, so that is subject to change :) .

The company who trades Colins cable, advertise on eBay and offers a 30 day returns if you don't like it. So nothing much to lose.

A bit of a basic question here from one who used to know that 2.5mm twin and earth was as good as it got...
How good a system do you need to start to appreciate the improvements these cables bring ?
I'm still working my way through the previous 32 pages of this thread but am already very tempted, especially as the cables are not in the (for me) silly money range so may find out more as I continue to digest, but are you all owners of real high end gear ?

Depends where you stand on this sort of thing. Many cable manufacturers claim lower noise etc etc and I’m still waiting for any of them, just a single one would be nice, to provide some evidence of the things they’re claiming. Surely to advertise a product and make certain claims it’s not too much to ask that there’s actually some sort of proof it does what it says on the tin right?

After all, we are able to and have equipment that will measure noise and all sorts of other things, whether it’s ground hum, mains noise from noisy transformers, or the measurable difference between usb cables even, at levels like -140db

Considering if any of this was categorically proven it would increase cable sales hugely then you’d think the manufacturers would be pretty keen to provide some wouldn’t you

Instead it’s order it, pay us a grand and go through the hassle of sending it back. Or maybe just relying on how unreliable it is to try new toys when they’re sighted and you want to hear an upgrade

Used to own various TQ, super lumina, chord cables, hfc and few more. Currently there’s 10mm sq going to the speakers and sounds great without any of the above in there any longer...

Depends where you stand on this sort of thing. Many cable manufacturers claim lower noise etc etc and I’m still waiting for any of them, just a single one would be nice, to provide some evidence of the things they’re claiming. Surely to advertise a product and make certain claims it’s not too much to ask that there’s actually some sort of proof it does what it says on the tin right?

After all, we are able to and have equipment that will measure noise and all sorts of other things, whether it’s ground hum, mains noise from noisy transformers, or the measurable difference between usb cables even, at levels like -140db

Considering if any of this was categorically proven it would increase cable sales hugely then you’d think the manufacturers would be pretty keen to provide some wouldn’t you

Instead it’s order it, pay us a grand and go through the hassle of sending it back. Or maybe just relying on how unreliable it is to try new toys when they’re sighted and you want to hear an upgrade

Used to own various TQ, super lumina, chord cables, hfc and few more. Currently there’s 10mm sq going to the speakers and sounds great without any of the above in there any longer...

Lol, there was always going to be at least one wasn't there :rolleyes:

Yes lots of hassle to get to try a product for essentially £3.11 (eBays return label fee). Pop in a Jimmy bag or original packaging, put in post box or take to post office. SO MUCH HASSLE I CANT BELIEVE IT!

Yes you’re an ass, congrats. Maybe making sense is too much for you. Of all the points to pick on you reply with pathetic playground insults. Stick to being the forum troll if you like, don’t respond to any of the would be good business practices i made, that any manufacturer would be sensible to do, that almost any other way industry does, and miss the point of having to stump up in the first place for something, and be out of pocket not insignificant amounts of money. Sure the 3 quid p&p was what I was referring to

Wouldnt expect a reply from you to be anything other than what it was. Blocked

Yes you’re an ass, congrats. Maybe making sense is too much for you. Of all the points to pick on you reply with pathetic playground insults. Stick to being the forum troll if you like, don’t respond to any of the would be good business practices i made, that any manufacturer would be sensible to do, that almost any other way industry does, and miss the point of having to stump up in the first place for something, and be out of pocket not insignificant amounts of money. Sure the 3 quid p&p was what I was referring to

Wouldnt expect a reply from you to be anything other than what it was. Blocked

Lol. It always amazes me why people who have evidently no interest in cables pollute threads that are cable orientated..

But hopefully we can get back on track talking about Colins wonder-cables, as I am definitely keen to hear them.

I personally can hear a vast difference between T&E and Colin’s cables. Each to their own.

have ordered a 3m pair of these which will go head to head against my current qed genesis silver spiral cables. more out of curiosity as the qed's are superb in my system. ive no real desire to change so the ls-25's are gonna have to be really 'super superb'. 30 day trail if not happy.

advertisement

Back