advertisement

Elsdon Wonfor Audio LS-25 speaker cables

ewa ls-25 cable owners! i have just received my cables from abcaudio...i have an issue tho, apart from the 'EWA' logo on the cables there are no other markings or printing to show that they are ls-25 or xxv and no direction arrows...nothing! can any owners of the ls-25 cables have or have had this issue?

ive emailed them but waiting for a response and i did find a contact number but its dead! without any printing or markings i cant prove they are ls-25 cables...

a little concerned here...any replies would be appreciated

hi ck, i'm comparing against qed genesis silver spiral, ive been using this for about a year and a half...absolutely fits into my system really well...no complaints, just curious regarding the ls-25

FWIW, someone-who-recently-passed-away-and-who-we-are-not-allowed-to-talk-about made really good VFM speaker cables. I wonder what happens to the back stock of them?

very early days and only played 1 album and a few other tracks so far but sounds good straight out of it's cloth bag. feels good and more flexible than the qed ( which is thick and quite stiff) a couple of things have already been noticed...the opening strings on 1st track from andreas vollenweider's 'white winds' album...felt more space and more depth to the sound and very sweet, and the same qualities were noticed from eric clapton's 'unplugged' album.

so far the differences are subtle but there...does this cable really need running in i'm asking myself...so far it looks like a keeper!

Good evening .
As I have a pair of ewa ls25s for a while and atlas mavros borrowed from a friend of mine and I also own some black rhodium Athenas , in my opinion the ls25 are great cables but not in the same league of mavros and Athenas.

Evening,
Can you explain/describe the differences and preferences please?
Morning.
Generally both mavros and Athena have more air (breathe) around instruments ,more body (feels more physical) ,wider deeper soundstage (more 3 dimensional sense) -ls25 seems more (flat) if you know what I mean. Athenas are more of a neutral with mavros on the warmer side of sound signature.
I've tried to persuade myself for ls25 but some listening hours later came to a conclusion that ewa ls25 are way below the mavros and Athenas .
The system tested is devialet d200 and audio physic virgo 5.
Regards

I used the LS-25 when i had a Devialet D220 pro CI, with ProAc SM100's. Was a nice system.
My criticisms of the LS25's came when i got a much, much better amp, i found the cable unable deliver the lowest registers with a 'full body' making the balance ever so slightly contrived.

Last edited:
I used the LS-25 when i had a Devialet D220 pro CI, with ProAc SM100's. Was a nice system.
My criticisms of the LS25's came when i got a much, much better amp, i found the cable unable deliver the lowest registers with a 'full body' making the balance ever so slightly contrived.
What system you have now ? If you don't mind me asking...

Amp: Audionet DNA 2.0
Speakers: 432 Point5
Stands: solidsteel SS-5
roon server: QNAP TS-251+8GB RAM & 2x1TB Sandisk ultra II SSDs
Server LPSU: Teddy Prado Dual 12v
Speaker cables: Mogami 3104 (star-quad)
Mains cable: HO7RN-F 2.5mm with Permaplug & Schurter IEC
USB cable: Lindy CROMO USB-2.0 A-mini-B
Network cables: Lindy CROMO CAT6

I find that truly surprising.

And it goes to show that every setup is indeed different. In my case the LS25 are able to deliver a full bodied sound using the resident integrated amp.

I had to replace it temporarily with an Arcam A38, used just as a power amp, and the sound got slimmer and much less authoritative and interesting. Not really surprising.

In other words, LS25 with a good integrated "sound" great, with a lesser amp not so much. So in no way do they hinder the better amp driving the speakers perfectly.

Last edited:
I find that truly surprising.

And it goes to show that every setup is indeed different. In my case the LS25 are able to deliver a full bodied sound using the resident integrated amp.

I had to replace it temporarily with an Arcam A38, used just as a power amp, and the sound got slimmer and much less authoritative and interesting. Not really surprising.

In other words, LS25 with a good integrated "sound" great, with a lesser amp not so much. So in no way do they hinder the better amp driving the speakers perfectly.

That's not a very stable platform as you temporarily replaced the amp and nothing else, therefore the amp is the lesser item in the chain.
I changed the LS25 for Chord Epic SuperTwin (the biwired version of Epic) in a 2-2 configuration simply because i needed 1.4m less cable per side.
Out of curiosity, i then tried some Mogami W3104 in star-quad configuration, which is where i am ATM.

advertisement

Back