advertisement

Elsdon Wonfor Audio LS-25 speaker cables

Anyhow, this thread has at least brought a great cable to a few peoples attention, .

For christ sake someone please buy my 3 mtr pair original TQB so I can justify to order the ewa

And regarding the kii speakers I have long not been reading any of that bs, why don't people ignore rather than feed the troll

Went on lunch home to plug ls25 and I could hear big difference comparing to Black. I had only 15min listening ,so I can not say much. What is clear is overall improvement. Bass is tighter, better defined, drums are better positioned, stage is wider and well organised, vocals are bigger, more natural, cymbals sounds as they should, not so shy as before, suddenly the sound is open, probably thanks better top end. Now I need to burn them in, and listen a bit more. Sadly I had to go back to work... but can't wait to listen more. Well done Colin!

Went on lunch home to plug ls25 and I could hear big difference comparing to Black. I had only 15min listening ,so I can not say much. What is clear is overall improvement. Bass is tighter, better defined, drums are better positioned, stage is wider and well organised, vocals are bigger, more natural, cymbals sounds as they should, not so shy as before, suddenly the sound is open, probably thanks better top end. Now I need to burn them in, and listen a bit more. Sadly I had to go back to work... but can't wait to listen more. Well done Colin!

Glad they arrived in the end. Think your observations are spot on.

How are you getting on with the LS-25's

How are you getting on with the LS-25's

Better and better. 30h on the clock at the moment. I am still amazed how much stronger and precise kick bass is. This gives good rhythm on certain songs which I was missing on TQ Black. Vocals are more present in the room, not so behind the wall. Much more fun now :) And the cable should still improve! :D

Just purchased a LS-25, will report my findings. I have various cables that i have received over the months based on decisions from the design choices of manufacturers.

Kimber kable 8TC
Nordost Flatline
Goertz mi 2
QED XT40
Tellurium Q Black
12 AWG Zip Cord

My comparisons are not the typical cable vs cable which i believe is inferior and counterproductive. I always directly connect my amplifier to the speakers for an effectively no cable connection.
This provides an ideal reference to analyze the data and more reliably associate what differences are better or worse.

Danny.

More info please; what are the amplifier and speakers you use and how do you ‘directly connect’ them precisely?

Standard 12awg bi wire jumpers, roughly 10cm. All cables 2m.
Amplifier: ATC P1
Speakers: Focal Aria 948
Source: Auralic Vega.

By placing the amplifier or amplifiers behind the speakers and using a relatively short cable (10cm), the electrical characteristics at that length should be reduced enough for them to not have any impact. Effectively representing a no cable scenario. Unless of course you think that 10cm makes a difference then you could solder it together.

By placing the amplifier or amplifiers behind the speakers and using a relatively short cable (10cm), the electrical characteristics at that length should be reduced enough for them to not have any impact. Effectively representing a no cable scenario. Unless of course you think that 10cm makes a difference then you could solder it together.

I tried once a long time ago using Mercury just to see the currents moving in the silver liquid it was fantastic but copper and silver were better for sound.

I bought EWA LS-25 cables a week ago - what I can say... I am impressed! So impressed that I just sold my Tellurium Q Ultra blacks! The sound is AMAZING! So much more detail and air around instruments, but still delivers a clear, dark lower end, and so much of it! Sounds more natural and open like a breath of fresh breeze...

I bought EWA LS-25 cables a week ago - what I can say... I am impressed! So impressed that I just sold my Tellurium Q Ultra blacks! The sound is AMAZING! So much more detail and air around instruments, but still delivers a clear, dark lower end, and so much of it! Sounds more natural and open like a breath of fresh breeze...

I would have thought the ultra blacks would be identicle to the ls-25's because of their similar design.

DOD, Colin states (in this thread IIRC) the LS-25s are a new development taken from where his R'n'D finished at TQ, regardless of their current range.

advertisement

Back