advertisement

Elsdon Wonfor Audio LS-25 speaker cables

You're certainly doing your best to keep this shill...I mean thread, alive.

what's up with the innuendo? if someone has evidence that this is anything other than a normal "i bought something and i like it" thread, then let's hear it.

So far about 5-10 PFM members have said on this thread they’ve bought some, all have had the same experience as I. They mostly were not cable believers, as am I, they and there experiences are testament alone. I’m glad some people on PFM have actually benefited from other members, after all that’s what forums are for.....

Thanks to this thread I have found out about Colin and LS25. I have it in my system and I am more than happy. So much improvment in all areas after Black. I will test it by the end of the month against Diamond Black, copule times more expensive... I have suspicion it will be close :) So thank you, Cereal Killer for this thread.

So far about 5-10 PFM members have said on this thread they’ve bought some, all have had the same experience as I. They mostly were not cable believers, as am I, they and there experiences are testament alone. I’m glad some people on PFM have actually benefited from other members, after all that’s what forums are for.....

I bought some of this cable on the back of CK's recommendation (albeit 2nd hand for a better price) and as mentioned before it has made a significant difference to my system.

Can I come up with a scientific formula or mathematical equation as to why this is so? No. I am not that interested in that side of things even if I could.

I had no vested interest in wanting the cable to sound better. As I bought used I knew that I could probably get my money back if I wanted to quickly move it on.

Did I buy it based on an aggressive marketing campaign or the desire to be an early adopter? No. As I said it was bought on the back of a recommendation from CK who enthused about the quality of the cable against others he had tried. As I say a used pair came up and I thought why not I have nothing to lose.

RRP should have been around £900 and someone asked me if it made £900 worth of difference to my system? In hifi I have found money spent up and down the scale doesn't equal better or worse. The Harbeth P3ESR's I used to have cost me around £1,500 and the Monitor 30.1's £2,600 - did I feel I was getting £1,100 in improvement? Not in the slightest. I was initially extremely disappointed with the 30.1's despite wanting to like them.

The Proac SM100's are around £800 less than the 30.1's and to my ears are a much better speaker (blame CK for this one too!).

I have other examples similar to the above but have gone on for long enough.

So, did I get £900 of improvement? Impossible to say - what I will say is I got more of an improvement to my system that many other hardware changes I have made.

Bottom line to me is that a forum member has recommended something that has worked out for me and a number of others. Does it really matter beyond this? Do we need to keep our opinions to ourselves if we think others might disagree?

what's up with the innuendo? if someone has evidence that this is anything other than a normal "i bought something and i like it" thread, then let's hear it.
The evidence is in front of you. You can interpret it as you will. The usual I-bought-this-and-like-it-and-would-like-to-have-my-retail-decisions-validated threads lack the persistent hectoring tone that characterises this thread.

Of course is isn't conclusive: Raj might just talk like that.

The evidence is in front of you. You can interpret it as you will. The usual I-bought-this-and-like-it-and-would-like-to-have-my-retail-decisions-validated threads lack the persistent hectoring tone that characterises this thread.

Of course is isn't conclusive: Raj might just talk like that.

Its like the persistent mosquitto that keeps coming back, but at least with the mossy you can just give it a 'whack' and be done with it.

Why read the thread DOD? You’ve got nothing to add but BS, as usual? Or is your intention to disrupt the thread and have it closed? Why not read the positive notes recently posted and take something constructive from them?

Dugh - they sound way better than everything else and there’s real R’n’D behind it all.

‘They Sound way better than everything else’ is an extremely sweeping statement, even in the hyperbole enriched world of hi-fi. There are thousands of different speaker cables available and you cannot have tried anything more than a fraction of them. Also, when you write that there is ‘real R and D behind it’, what exactly is this research?

I paid for my cables. No freebie promo.

The $$ weren't intended to insinuate you hadn't paid for them. But if you have, congratulations. Your family must be very proud of you. ;)

Why don't you put your money where your keyboard is and try some?

I did the speaker wire dance many years ago. Heard slight differences but nothing like the adjectives used by you chaps. It eventually occurred to me that grown men listening to wire was a silly pastime but each to their own. This thread does strike me as shilleading though.

Go Elsdon, Go. Lets say it load because we're proud!

images

‘They Sound way better than everything else I've tried’ is an extremely sweeping statement, even in the hyperbole enriched world of hi-fi. There are thousands of different speaker cables available and you cannot have tried anything more than a fraction of them. Also, when you write that there is ‘real R and D behind it’, what exactly is this research?

you missed the bit in bold which I've included.

Pick up the phone, speak to Mark Grant. Just as I did. PM Colin if needs be.
It's not my place to speak for them... But this doesn't change the fact that every user thus far has not been disappointed with the outlay.

The $$ weren't intended to insinuate you hadn't paid for them. But if you have, congratulations. Your family must be very proud of you. ;)

I did the speaker wire dance many years ago. Heard slight differences but nothing like the adjectives used by you chaps. It eventually occurred to me that grown men listening to wire was a silly pastime but each to their own. This thread does strike me as shilleading though.

Go Elsdon, Go. Lets say it load because we're proud!

images

So you've not tried the LS-25 yet feel you know better. Nice.

you missed the bit in bold which I've included.

Pick up the phone, speak to Mark Grant. Just as I did. PM Colin if needs be.
It's not my place to speak for them... But this doesn't change the fact that every user thus far has not been disappointed with the outlay.

I didn’t miss that bit because it wasn’t there - you’ve just added it.

You are doing quite a lot of ‘speaking for them’, even if you think otherwise. I’ve spoken to Mark Grant before, a very nice bloke too.

I didn’t miss that bit because it wasn’t there - you’ve just added it.

You are doing quite a lot of ‘speaking for them’, even if you think otherwise. I’ve spoken to Mark Grant before, a very nice bloke too.

There is a golden rule in audio.

Try what we are talking about, than have an opinion, but only about -> how it was working in your system.

advertisement

Back