advertisement

Ebay Problem - What would you do?

Happens all the time on Discogs too.
Amazing how many don’t want to return the disc but want a partial refund.

Fair point Andy, but I win by getting rid of the machine. So lose-lose doesn't sound like a good solution.

Somebody else can challenge the him... just like the dickhead driver on the motorway, I am no longer the person who will try to impede his progress. Move over, relax and let somebody else be Charles Bronson.

On reflection, I think I've done the right thing.
The problem with going down the dispute route is that Ebay insist on the seller trying to sort out the problem directly with the buyer first. By that time, the buyer can have started the dispute procedure and then it's a lottery (with lottery odds for the seller??) as to who will win.
Right enough, I can see where you are coming from. Maybe give him a bad rating as a buyer?

I found over 20 years of ebaying it has become increasingly expensive to sell and a lot of punters have become increasingly awkward to deal with, seemingly a lot of punters who fancy themselves as 'dealers' trying to buy for peanuts and then flip to make a few quid, so much so I'd rather not bother.
I guess for the value of £15 it's not really worth the hassle.

I try not to sell on eBay if I can help it as it's too stacked against you. Most of the things I sell go on Gumtree.

gumtree not perfect either unless using cash as paypal is linked to gumtree as well and can with hold funds if any issue with postage etc

I agree with you, karma will hopefully be a bitch for your buyer!

That reminds me of an bit of Karma I witnessed a few years ago...

I was driving along in a 40 MPH limit following an Audi A7, which in turn was following an X5. The A7 driver was being an absolute knob,right up the back of the BMW and angling to overtake. There was nowhere to go,there was a line of traffic and we were all doing about 35MPH.
This continued through a couple of set of lights and then we got to one set with two lanes to queue. I pulled into the LH lane and by fluke pulled level with the A7. I glanced across to see what the aggressive driver looked like. He gave me a very smug look which said "you have no chance of getting in front of me" when the two lanes converge into one.
Sure enough, as we set off, he was surging up behind the X5. He looked across at me again to make sure I was aware how superior he was (I was in a Mazda, but it wouldn't have mattered). Unfortunately for him he should have been watching where he was going because the X5 had stopped.
Oddly enough he still looked very smug as his bonnet crumpled into an upside-down V shape :D

Go to that transaction on your Ebay selling page and just under the "Leave feedback" button you'll see "More actions". Click on that and a choices menu comes up, the bottom choice is "REPORT THIS BUYER".

It may not affect this transaction but if the guy does it enough he will be sanctioned.

The guy is sending me messages about how much trouble and expense he is going to to source a replacement knob.
TBH I don't think he is malicious, just lacking in "awareness".

Since this is the audio room I should probably comment on the sound of the A7 hitting the X5...

The dynamics were remarkable, loads of air and space, lovely tight bass. Maybe just a bit of metallic colouration.
I doubt even a pair of Wilson Maxxx XXLSXX Grand SLAMMMMMs could reproduce that! :D

Reactions: AV8
The guy is sending me messages about how much trouble and expense he is going to to source a replacement knob.
Does he not comprehend the meaning of "spares and repairs"?

“Messages” as in more than one message? So as well as subsidising his hifi habit you are now his therapist too? He’s certainly getting good value here.

Ignore him, report him, add him to block bidders list, sorted.

Agree with all the above!

Thanks AV8. I couldn't find how to do that previously. The buyer is now on my blocked list.

Anyone need therapy, for £15 an hour?... please don't contact me! Especially if you need knob therapy :eek:

Tell him you will buy it back for £15, he has to pay the postage though.

you should have sold it the way they used to sell licences for windows on ebay where you had to include some hardware to satisfy licence transfer rules. so you should have sold just a bit of it and thrown the rest in gratis

Agree with all the above!

Thanks AV8. I couldn't find how to do that previously. The buyer is now on my blocked list.

Anyone need therapy, for £15 an hour?... please don't contact me! Especially if you need knob therapy :eek:

I would say that knob therapy at £15 an hour is quite reasonable...

advertisement

Back