advertisement

Ebay Problem - What would you do?

Not sure if I've lined myself up some Ebay hassle...

I sold an old slide projector with the comment below included in the description:
"*** NO MAINS LEAD***"

Idiot who bought it send me a message asking where the mains lead was.
I advised them to look at the listing.
Then I got a request to take the item back with the reason; "Don't like it" and another comment; "no mains lead".

I declined the return about 1 week ago. I have not heard anything since and no bad feedback.
Am I in for some Ebay "justice"??

sorry to hear that

yet more issues my end as well sold a mint Arcam Alpha 5 CD time it got to the seller he says it wont read discs oh and what the black and grey thing in the cd tray he tried to play it with the transit packer still in.
now wants me to pay costs to get it looked at!

I sold an old slide projector with the comment below included in the description:
"*** NO MAINS LEAD***"

Then I got a request to take the item back with the reason; "Don't like it" and another comment; "no mains lead".

I declined the return about 1 week ago. I have not heard anything since and no bad feedback.

I think that you will be fine here. For what it is worth, this just sounds like a regular, honest person who did not read the description thoroughly. Someone less scrupulous would have opened an “item not as described” case instead.

The socket was like an IEC socket but with no earth. I think it's possible to get an adaptor from China/Ebay for a few quid.

"*** NO MAINS LEAD***"

They don't read and they are incapable of taking responsibility for their own mistakes. I love the tone of his remarks "... Don't like it..." sounds like a three year old.

It's funny, that connector used to be popular on double-insulated test equipment and has now all but disappeared. I have a couple of spectrum analysers from the 80's that use it, but an adapter would be a useful thing

advertisement

Back