advertisement

Donald Trump - non-American missing the point III

circus or reality?

CeW95O2VAAAZ3SG.jpg

vuk.

I don't like Trump, but I think he is more in touch with reality than the likes of Ted Cruze or that utter imbecile Ben Carson for example.

The risk you run is putting a not especially bright narcissist into a role where his unpredictability and lack of judgement may prove catestrophic. Make no mistake he will side with whoever preens his ego/vanity more, and that is likely to be the NeoCon powerbase of the Republican Party. The Democrats are simply more moderate, and whilst I'm no great fan of Hillary Clinton she has far greater intellect and far less ego than Trump. She is capable of making far more nuanced decisions and has infinitely more knowledge and understanding of world politics. She is by far the safer option, not least because her party is by far the safer option. The modern Republican Party really is insane, an entity riddled with corporate greed and exceptionally dangerous religious fundamentalism. Trump will lap all this up if those with agendas flatter him sufficiently. He is a vacuous preening media celebrity, nothing more, nothing less. He is exceptionally dangerous.

He has to appeal to certain type of voter and he is fairly successful. Non of you so far is in the least interested who those voters are and what they want and why there are so many of them. It's all Trump's fault and with his disappearance we will sail to the safe future. I would not overestimate Hillary's intellectual proves and especially her modesty. She simply appeals to different crowd. It would be suicidal for Trump to try to win in the same rigged contest. What are Hillary's achievements as a politician really , the question is asked and the answers are rather unconvincing. Her world politics are disaster. Nuanced would be last word describing mess she creates wherever she enters the diplomacy. Vacuous, preening media celebrity - you must been thinking of Mr. Obama right? It's America. They just perform equivalent of wrestling tournament and the world thinks it's an old good boxing match and in all seriousness comment on tactics , sportsmaship, technique and intelligence of fighters waiting impatiently for judges verdict.

You tube seems to have created a whole mass of 'broadcasters' and 'news programs' that no one has ever heard of. It seems anyone can buy a suit and a microphone and sit in their back room yapping and sooner or later people will start linking to their 'blogs' and 'news programs' as if they are an authoritative source. Its interesting that they are nearly all left leaning.

Strikes me that no one in any position of power or influence is remotely interested in these guys and they are not going to have the slightest effect on anything in the real world.

Bernie campaign ad featuring Tulsi Gabbard. He won big last night in Washington and a few small caucuses.

Keep an eye on her as she will be President one day, and what a President she will be:

Last edited by a moderator:
You tube seems to have created a whole mass of 'broadcasters' and 'news programs' that no one has ever heard of. It seems anyone can buy a suit and a microphone and sit in their back room yapping and sooner or later people will start linking to their 'blogs' and 'news programs' as if they are an authoritative source. Its interesting that they are nearly all left leaning.

What's an authoritative source?

Strikes me that no one in any position of power or influence is remotely interested in these guys and they are not going to have the slightest effect on anything in the real world.

Give it time.

Judge the Youtubers in a suit by the content. In the case of Kyle Kulinksi posted by Maxflynn there, its a hell of a lot better than tv news commentry ! And it is a commentary form of news, without trying to hide it. Another thing - the views of some of these internet shows goes higher than a lot of the tv news figures. And the content, agree with it or not, is honest.

I think its pretty easy to identify the shite-talkers if you just watch the channels a bit. And there are plenty. But then, so are many of the mainstream news shows and these may also be shite by omission as much as by what they actually do.

The channel Secular Talk is one of the best ones on the internet.

I guess what puts me off them is that I want factual news and not comment. I think I have said before that if I want chat and opinion then I'll watch a chat show not the news.

It seems both criteria are getting harder to come by nowadays unless you know someone personally who is 'in the know' or actually 'on the ground' at a given time and location.

I guess what puts me off them is that I want factual news and not comment. I think I have said before that if I want chat and opinion then I'll watch a chat show not the news.

Omg, do you think the likes of Fox News doesn't serve an agenda ?

It masquerades as "the news" with heavy bias in actuality and also omits much too on purpose to suit.

Anyway, Secular Talk doesn't pretend to be a news bulletin. It openly has a position it is coming from, which is Kyle's opinion about stuff going on. He bothers to explain his position and you can make your mind up yourself. At any rate he is entertaining.

If someone has to go to blogs and YouTube channels to find sonething that agrees with their opinion I think it is safe to conclude they lie at a political extreme.

So you watch Fox News rather than say, The Young Turks, and it is safe to conclude your opinions are in the political centre?

Bollocks!

The likes of Secular Talk and TYT provide an analysis of current affairs that is not constrained/dictated by umpteen factors that do constrain/dictate what you get via the usual news channels.

I hardly need to point these out.

If someone has to go to blogs and YouTube channels to find sonething that agrees with their opinion I think it is safe to conclude they lie at a political extreme.
I don't think this is universally the case. For example, it's hard to find out what Corbyn believes by watching the main news channels because they're more interested in reporting internal divisions within the PLP. Therefore, it's useful to check out left-wing blogs and news sites to find out. By your own admission Corbyn is moderately left of centre (he is only described as "far left" in some quarters because the political centre in this country has shifted so far to the right in the last 20 years). So there's at least one counterexample.

So you watch Fox News rather than say, The Young Turks, and it is safe to conclude your opinions are in the political centre?

Bollocks!

The likes of Secular Talk and TYT provide an analysis of current affairs that is not constrained by umpteen factors that does constrain/corrupt what you get via the usual news channels.

I hardly need to point these out.
To be fair, that is not a logical consequence of what Tony said. You just committed the classic logical fallacy of denying the antecedent:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denying_the_antecedent

Sorry, I'm in pedantic philosophy mode this morning. :)

advertisement

Back