advertisement

Dog attacks "skyrocketing", now "an unrecognised public health crisis"

There's a program on Dutch television in which a reporter goes along with the police in a specific town. Last week they were in Rotterdam and stumbled upon a (big) dog killing another (pretty tiny) dog. I don't know the breed, but it's a killer dog (if you must know you can watch it yourself: https://www.gids.tv/video/596509/ki...reau-rotterdam-waarin-hondje-doodgebeten-werd)

The dog is taken after the incident and after research the owner get's it back (WTF), with the restriction that it can only get outside with a strapped mouth. Unbelievable. These dogs should be forbidden ASAP. BTW there's some consternation about this right now, let's hope it makes a difference.

You think by now the owners might have become a tiny bit more responsible. Forget muzzles, not even on a lead...

"A group of primary school children out on a field trip were left in tears after an XL Bully dog 'went for' and bit one of them. Eyewitness said the 'huge' and 'out of control' animal, which allegedly wasn't on a lead, 'latched onto' a young girl as teachers desperately tried to pull her away. ...
"And the dog just completely turned on them. It was just chaos. It was chasing kids around and they were pressed against the fence and it was making its way up and down the line of kids. The teachers were obviously freaking out and didn't know what to do. They stood between the kids and the dog. But there a few who were frozen and it just turned on this girl. It latched onto her and then it was literally on top of her"."

Only a matter of time until the next death.

Bear in mind that the XL bully loons thought a mass gathering of puppies would be perfectly safe.

"'XL Bully' put down as Motherwell teenager hospitalised after savage attack.... A dog was put down after a teenager suffered horrific injuries in an attack outside a block of flats in North Lanarkshire on Wednesday, October 18." https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/xl-bully-put-down-motherwell-27956485

According to BulllyWatch: "More information: it was the owner's own dog. The owner intervened when the pet tried to attack someone passing by and the dog turned on him instead. The young man was unable to walk after the attack. Two council workers attempted to remove the dog but it tried attacking them as well. The dog was only six months old."

"New laws banning XL Bully type dogs have been laid in Parliament today, as the Government adds the breed to the list of dogs banned under the Dangerous Dogs Act."

"Owners who wish to keep their dogs will have until the end of January to register them and will be forced to comply with strict requirements. As well as being muzzled and kept on a lead in public, these dogs must also be microchipped and neutered."

I still think removing their teeth would have been a sensible extra step.

Still lots of attacks.

"A woman is fighting for life and a man injured after a dog attack in south-east London."

Bully Watch reports "potentially an American Bulldog or American Bulldog cross XL "

And only 10 months in prison for this: "The owner of an out-of-control XL Bully has been jailed after allowing the dog to attack his partner and rip chunks of skin and flesh from her face."

Another fatality. :(

Put them down, along with the dogs, they'll be no loss to the world.

Obviously I'm not advocating any such thing, but it's how reports such as this make me feel. Then again there's a part of me that believes the French had the right idea with that Island off the coast of south america. Just parachute all these kinds of people on to a tropical island hudreds of miles away from the mainlaind surrounded by shark infested waters, and let them get on with their life the way they want. They won't be here so I won't care what they do to eachother.

Last edited:

Obviously I'm not advocating any such thing, but it's how reports such as this make me feel. Then again there's a part of me that believes the French had the right idea with that Island off the coat of south america. Just parachute all these kinds of people on to a tropical island hudreds of miles away from the mainlaind surrounded by shark infested waters, and let them get on with their life the way they want. They won't be here so I won't care what they do to eachother.
The Isle of Wight is underpopulated. Maybe not enough sharks tho? :)

Reactions: gez

Obviously I'm not advocating any such thing, but it's how reports such as this make me feel. Then again there's a part of me that believes the French had the right idea with that Island off the coat of south america. Just parachute all these kinds of people on to a tropical island hudreds of miles away from the mainlaind surrounded by shark infested waters, and let them get on with their life the way they want. They won't be here so I won't care what they do to eachother.

"All these kinds of people.' Yep. Can I choose a few as well please? I'll take the fox-hunting, bird-shooting fraternity away for a wild time on your island.

I'm not a dog owner but I've taken family dogs for occasional walks and enjoyed that.

But dogs can be extremely dangerous, and as said already "attack" dogs are usually in the possession of owners who are not interested in or capable of following sensible/strict advice that would 100% ensure they are not a danger to any person.

I therefore think that all "attack" breeds of dogs should be banned completely. And any of those breeds that are located by police should be taken into custody and "dealt with". What "dealt with" means I really don't know - maybe they could be exported rather than put down? That doesn't deal with the danger but at least it gets them off UK streets. And anyone owning an "attack" dog illegally should be banned from owning dogs for life. Something has to be done, and done decisively.

Dogs should not be weaponised. "I only got it for self defence" basically falls into the same category as "I only carry a knife for self defence".

"All these kinds of people.' Yep. Can I choose a few as well please? I'll take the fox-hunting, bird-shooting fraternity away for a wild time on your island.
That would be your perogative. In my world the Island would be be for humans that engage in acts of violence against other humans, or allow their animals to do so. I'd include drunken brawling on the street or in pubs too (though I'd work on a 3 strikes principle for an assult that didn't include any form of weapon, otherwise bad luck get on the plane).

advertisement

Back