advertisement

Disaster - what have I done?

My RP10 came with outer plinth and lid of course

but I quickly decided I preferred to use it with a lift off lid and paid about £120 2 or 3 years ago, I posted about it on PFM at the time and took Tony L’s suggestion on handles for easier handling

It’s the same approach maybe 15 years ago with my Spacedeck and SME10 and that lid cost about £80

I lost a cartridge this week also!

My AT33SA. For the first time in a while I didn't use the tonearm lift and cued manually. The impact seemed slight, but took the whole cantilever off!

I claimed it on insurance. £200 excess so I'm getting £480 payout. I'm slightly worried considering some comments earlier on the thread, but this did happen once before. Six years ago I brushed the stylus of a Grado - a sensitive thing! - which came clean off. Insurance paid for that too. The next year they increased the premium by about £100 or so, but I whinged and they brought it down.

New 301 is £270 ISH ....but it's the I'm chuffing useless feeling too .....

Compared to what others are charging for what is basically the same design, it's very little. I once bent the cantilever on a much more expensive Troika. Sweared a lot........................ And bought a new one.

advertisement

Back