advertisement

Disappearance of Menus in Restaurants

I expect she uses her brain for more interesting things, quite right.

Untitled-1.jpg

"Oh, I don't know anything about PIN numbers, I'm afraid, but I do love little kittens.

They're so soft and furry.
"

:D

Hard when you only use it every three months, and when you have two pre-paid cards in two different countries. Then there is the "serious" credit card, for renting cars for instance, which I haven't used for almost a year. But if one wants to go all the way, one should also memorise the code to get into your desktop, laptop, "smartphone," house alarm, something for the car, online banking (nowadays several codes and passwords, and have to be changed periodically on pain of "death"), email, paypal, and god knows what else.
Yes, I imagine most of us are familiar with that story, especially now contactless means we don’t have to input the PIN for every transaction. I have 4 PINs, plus an unlock key for my phone, alarm code, home Wi-Fi password, all of which are different. I don’t remember the PIN for my work laptop because it’s as complicated as a password, which it also has, nor my online banking and other passwords (I have a password manager for most of those), and key ones written down somewhere safe, but they are not kept anywhere near the device itself. It’s basic ‘don’t be dumb’ stuff.

So nobody ever walked (or cycled, as I used to) while reading a newspaper?

It’s like in the 60s and 70s when miserable, sour old men used to criticise people younger than themselves for having long hair. My granddad used to do it, and he was miserable from about 1935 to 1995. When he died, miserable.
I was replying to a particular post, rather than deflecting.
"start mixing with the young'uns again - it's good for you!
Also using newer technology will be good for your brain."

advertisement

Back