advertisement

Devialet opinions, reflection.

My not much of a stack on my coffee table rack
Soon to get rid of the squeezebox touch when roon talks to Devialet

18451641_751662188347718_3499189680320417040_o.jpg

Hmm... as stacks of equipment go that barely makes the first rung on the ladder :).

Is one the master and the other slave then in such a system?

Yes , master slave .. tho I could have configured it as 2 x 250 stereo amps and used them to bi amp a speaker with a splittable crossover ..
I can even hide them and the squeezebox as you dont IR to it or the devialets.. only speaker wires visible at all, and even those you can run under rugs .. Im beginning to like this minimalist thing

Acknowledging the sins of Empires past, the current correct Devialet terms are: 'Master' and 'Companion'

Well strictly speaking I have 2 masters .. not a companion.. *I* treat the second one like a slave .. whip it into place and work it hard night and day :)

In Devialet setups, the loudspeakers do the talking.
Quite true merlin...

Laudable French attitude.

But you do recognise the discussions that took place in Devialet where they had to decide - "Should we devote our time to work on the streamer board, or should we discuss the impact of using the term slave in our public communications?"

No competition.

Surprisingly I see that our Yamaha NS-1000Ms are now catered for by SAM. Frank, I know you have a pair - you don't fancy connecting them up to your Devialet and seeing what effect SAM has on them do you?

I had seen that a while ago and probably will try it one day but haven't yet!

Please do as I would be qenuinely really interested in your opinion.

I am in Anglesey at the moment helping my daughter with children, poultry and pigs whilst her husband is away.
My system is due a spring clean (ie dust and check cables) so then is an ideal time to schlep the Devialets upstairs so I'll do it soon.

Hi,

I suppose it comes down to what level of Audio Research/EAR you are running? I would put it up against anything at the same price. You get better value from Devialet if you need/use all of the features; a 440 pro streams, has a DAC, phono stage & runs in dual mono. To get all these features from competitive brands with levels of performance in the same area is an interesting demo challenge. As ever, depends what you are after.

What i can say about it is that i have a lot of happy customers move from separates into Devialet & are very pleased. I do like Audio Research though...

I think for 12 grand I'd want it to make coffee, massage my feet and tuck me in at night.

Have you seen the prices for Audio Research? I'd expect more than a cup of coffee and a massage for that amount of dosh.

(In truth I make my own coffee and my wife's a massage therapist, so I'm covered and happy with Devialet)

Hi,

I suppose it comes down to what level of Audio Research/EAR you are running? I would put it up against anything at the same price. You get better value from Devialet if you need/use all of the features; a 440 pro streams, has a DAC, phono stage & runs in dual mono. To get all these features from competitive brands with levels of performance in the same area is an interesting demo challenge. As ever, depends what you are after.

What i can say about it is that i have a lot of happy customers move from separates into Devialet & are very pleased. I do like Audio Research though...

I have an ARC Ref 3 into balanced Silver Jubilee EAR 509s. I should add that I'm not looking to rival their SQ but find a practical alternative/ lower box count that doesn't underwhelm sonically.
My listening habits have changed and I don't get the opportunity to sit down for an entire evening's listening anymore in the big room. I'm most interested to hear the Devialet MC phono capability because I intend to carry on with a good TT set up.

advertisement

Back