advertisement

Dealers that go the extra mile...

The technical guy at PMC is great. Helped me cure a noisy Bryston amp via a helpful phone call and multiple cycling of a switch on the back I had not used in about10 years to clean the contacts.

Jack at the Audiobarn is a good guy. Got some Goldenear speakers in for me to try and brought them to my house. I ended up not buying them as they dominated the room too much. I owe him one some more custom. Next time ...

X2 Nothing is too much trouble for Jack- highly recommended.

Jordan Acoustics have been really great to me in the past, Sevenoaks in Bromley, Audiobarn, pretty much my whole system comes from those guys currently.

Robbie @ Audio Oasis - top guy, Elite Audio great also

All these guys have been great with demo loan units hence why a lot of kit has now come from them. I expect home demo's of everything, I always pay carriage charges there and back and card processing fees if I do not buy the unit to keep it fair. However when looking for a new amp last year I found so many dealers that wouldn't do any home demo's, suffice to say, no business for them from me.

Nightmare experience with 'Turntable World/HifiSound in Stockton, never again, heard similar from others a long the way as well.

Recommend David of Audio Therapy in Newcastle. Very knowledgable and helpful. Bought a fair bit of kit and demo gear and trade-in all very straightforward and easy.

Clive at Sound Cinergy, Aldridge, West Midlands, never makes you feel pressured to buy, always generous with his time, will always try and work out what’s best for you and be honest about his opinion on different kit and how it well works together, or doesn’t, even if it means he loses a sale or makes less... and he’s just a genuine nice guy.

Might be an idea to say what town/city they are in. Nice to see a lot of different companies being mentioned

I second Robert Ritchie (Montrose) as a good place to deal with, Robert Snr gave me and the Mrs the best demo ever many years ago, from Naim 90 all the way up to 72/HiCap/250 using our ProAcs, was ready to go down the following weekend and buy them but the bloody motor died so had to use the piggy bank on a new one.

Peter from Igloo is a very nice chap, tried his best to make me an ATC convert, but no pressure when it was not for me. I hope to do business with him again some day.

Phil March/Phonography, John Burns/Pear Audio, Audio Counsel. And Keith’s an absolute darling.

Saj at Audio Venue, Ealing; Peter at Igloo Audio, Tunbridge Wells; Simon at Home Media, Maidstone and Mark and his Team at Elite Audio, Somewhere in Scotland!

I've had great service from Steve Helliker at Ultimate Stream.

I also found our very own Keith from Purite Audio far less scary in the flesh than he is on Pink Fish.

Had great times with Grahams back in the day over a 30 year span, but not been there for over a decade.

Graham Tricker at GT Audio has been excellent over the last 25 years that I have been a customer - whether that has been repairs (rebuilt Quad IIs, Leak Troughline and currently my Radford STA15/III) or helping me to buy the various bits of my end game system with a Platine Verdier, Schroeder, Avantgarde Duos and TRON amplifiers over this time. Every time, I have had plenty of opportunities to ask for advice, audition equipment and every purchase has involved a personal delivery and/or set up to make sure that everything is working fine.
As my first saturday job was in hi-fi retail with Ken Kessler in 1979, I understand both sides of the dealer-buyer equation. So as a customer, I have been delighted at the personal level of service I have had from GT.

Across the water over here in Ireland I’ve had a few great experiences with Cloney Audio. They really went the extra mile when I bought a set of speakers that didn’t work in my room. (I was convinced they would when I heard them in store, lesson learned). And they make a nice cup of tea!

A thread for Dealers that are a cut above would be an idea for a sticky in Trade Sales or somewhere, like the Good Guys in Classifieds

@Purité Audio – Keith - SONCOZ arrived quickly and no up front payment asked for, great bit of kit for the money

@Kantata Audio – John - Used Mains Block – located in Co Antrim posted end of day arrived in NE Scotland by lunch following day – so consider me impressed – unit is like brand new
Another vote for @Kantata Audio

Listened to an amp but wasn't sure - so John brought it down to my house to let me hear it in my room.
Same with a Zen Mini - left down with cables for a decent home trial.
On a negative side he then loaned me the LPSU too, and I had to buy it.
Super no pressure sales technique

I can fully recommend @GullIfordHi-Fi in Exeter. I bought a LP12 when there were trading as Radfords way back 30 years plus ago . They are brilliant and Ian and Mike are very knowledgeable and honest to deal with and help with with my old Naim chrome amps!

I also found our very own Keith from Purite Audio far less scary in the flesh than he is on Pink Fish.

+1. He's extremely helpful, transparent and a pleasure to deal with. Should I find myself in a position to spend significant money again I'd like to think it would be with Keith.

Ian Ridge at Billy Vee ,streatham,London, is superb,no pressure and will do what he says he'll do,came and installed a pair of speakers for me,and gave my system a few tweaks whilst here,highly recommended

Jordan Acoustics have been really great to me in the past, Sevenoaks in Bromley, Audiobarn, pretty much my whole system comes from those guys currently.

Robbie @ Audio Oasis - top guy, Elite Audio great also

All these guys have been great with demo loan units hence why a lot of kit has now come from them. I expect home demo's of everything, I always pay carriage charges there and back and card processing fees if I do not buy the unit to keep it fair. However when looking for a new amp last year I found so many dealers that wouldn't do any home demo's, suffice to say, no business for them from me.

Nightmare experience with 'Turntable World/HifiSound in Stockton, never again, heard similar from others a long the way as well.
sad to hear that , are they 2nd hand hi fi ? They are always very well priced kit . Good to hear audio oasis still going , bought some revolver standmounts 10 years ago from them and still sounding very good

Most of my purchases come from Alastair and Andy in Signals. I posted on the naim forum in 2007 about the difficulty of getting speakers for home demo in Dublin. About a month later Alastair and Andy were on the doorstep with a van full of speakers, having taken the ferry over. (The crafty buggers also had a 300 in the van). So I demoed Kudos C something, Focal something or other and Naim Allae and SL2. The SL2s and 300 are still in situ. They have always been willing to ship and take back items for me and offer good trade ins.

Also a shout to Lee at Strictly Stereo who gives a 30 day money back thingy and whose support is excellent, good enough to move me onto Auralic as my streamer. Also gave me a good trade in on a UniQute when I bought a Bluesound powenode 2i.

.sjb

advertisement

Back