advertisement

Dealers that go the extra mile...

Ian Ridge at Billy Vee ,streatham,London, is superb,no pressure and will do what he says he'll do,came and installed a pair of speakers for me,and gave my system a few tweaks whilst here,highly recommended

I think you’ll find Billy Vee in Lewisham? I agree Ian there is helpful

I wouldn’t expect a dealer to expend any excess effort on my account without first building up some kind of relationship.

There are tyre kickers that I am sure receive a less than enthusiastic welcome in many otherwise well regarded dealerships.

In this world of Internet forums where everyone has access to reinforcement of whatever polluted opinion they hold, it must be harder than ever for a dealer to guide or advise.

It’s certainly a job for the very very patient.

A shout for Adam at Eden Audio who makes up some great interconnects etc using DH Labs cables amongst others at very realistic prices.

A mention for David at the little audio company who followed up my order for new bel canto remotes for several months

Martin at Audiostore Ltd who turned around my Vortexbox upgrade in a day, so I wouldn't be without music (alright, I'd have still had all the vinyl to play, but....).
Really helpful guy generally.
He’s great. Left Vortexbox behind but my FIL still runs an Audiostore streamer.Great bit of kit.

Might be an idea to say what town/city they are in. Nice to see a lot of different companies being mentioned

I second Robert Ritchie (Montrose) as a good place to deal with, Robert Snr gave me and the Mrs the best demo ever many years ago, from Naim 90 all the way up to 72/HiCap/250 using our ProAcs, was ready to go down the following weekend and buy them but the bloody motor died so had to use the piggy bank on a new one.
Had any dealings with young Robert?
Has he taken over LP12 setting up?

I've been dealing with Grahams HiFi in London N1 since 1979 when they sold me a Rega Planar 3. An LP12 soon followed which was set up by Ray Horn. He has serviced it over the past 40 years and rebuilt it with new parts a year or so back. The question is: what happens when he retires??

Had any dealings with young Robert?
Has he taken over LP12 setting up?
Not for a wee while, he delivered/installed some B&W 804D2 for me and I got a Sony system off him for someone’s Xmas couple years back, mostly his Dad I dealt with.

Young Robert does visit my next door neighbour quite regularly and recently sorted his LP12, swapped a 250 for 300 and dropped umpteen speakers off recently, guy uses Shahinians and has been looking at Spendor for one, I go round now and again to have a listen. I’d guess Robert would have taken over the LP12 work from his Dad, not a bad way to learn the ropes!

I’ve moved away from Naim/B&W so not been to the Montrose shop for a few years. First time we were there it was old Robert that did the demo, Naim Olive stuff with my ProAcs, went all the way up to 72/250 and had decided to buy, best demo I have had, then needed a car after a crash/write off and had to put it on hold, ended up with 32.5/110.

A shout for Adam at Eden Audio who makes up some great interconnects etc using DH Labs cables amongst others at very realistic prices.
Adam has a small Youtube channel too. Its worth watching and he demos some unusual stuff.

I live on an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean and there’s not a single audio shop anywhere! (Plenty of sunshine, tho!)

What, no dealers atoll? Now there's a business opportunity, maybe. Honolulu Hifi or Sandwich Islands Stereo possibly? :)

Reactions: koi
@Kantata Audio – John - Used Mains Block – located in Co Antrim posted end of day arrived in NE Scotland by lunch following day – so consider me impressed – unit is like brand new[/QUOTE]

Purchased Innuous & Hegel from John. Great to deal with, very helpful, good suggestions etc.

Steve

Trevor and Gavin at Guildford Audio. Great guys.
Indeed. Last time I saw them was when we were picking up a generous donation of a piece of equipment for the raffle at Scalford. They have been a pleasure to deal with when I have bought from them in the past.

advertisement

Back